Washing your Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Njraptorfan

Reaction score
Car. Wash will ruin your paint quick,swirl city. Foam,two bucket method,6’ step ladder for roof.use Adams products they are worth the extra coin .

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Car. Wash will ruin your paint quick,swirl city. Foam,two bucket method,6’ step ladder for roof.use Adams products they are worth the extra coin .
That’s for sure a spring fall and summer solution.. not winter when is 0* F [emoji23] also underbody wash is needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s for sure a spring fall and summer solution.. not winter when is 0* F [emoji23] also underbody wash is needed

Just use the pressure washer at the self serve stations and you'll alright. Bring your own buckets and mitt, use their water and you'll be good.

norb

Reaction score
Car. Wash will ruin your paint quick,swirl city.

I don't know about that. All I know is that my local car wash (Mr. Car Wash) has some pretty high end cars go through it (its a conveyor belt type). I mean, really high end. If it damages the paint, I'm sure they would complain or never go again. That's good enough for me.

Njraptorfan

Reaction score
Go to any car show,I can almost garentee not one Owner of those classics runs their car through a auto car wash. Self serve in winter power wash with wand to get salt sand off when temps are above 32.

chefsam

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clear bra ceramic coating you can’t take through car wash too harsh on the surface

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just use the pressure washer at the self serve stations and you'll alright. Bring your own buckets and mitt, use their water and you'll be good.
True just getting underneath seems like a pain in the cold [emoji23] my plan was self wash all year except winter so we will see what happens

norb

Reaction score
Go to any car show,I can almost garentee not one Owner of those classics runs their car through a auto car wash. Self serve in winter power wash with wand to get salt sand off when temps are above 32.

So Raptors are now a "Classic Car" type vehicle? Classic Car owners also don't drive their cars daily nor in the rain. Is that what we're suppose to do with our Raptors?

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And definitely no off-roading for our classic Raptors either