Warped rotors at 20k miles, why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedFive

Reaction score
So not sure if the factory rotors are just that bad or the guy that rotated my tires last time thought he was a nascar pit crew dude and just really over torqued the lugs to a point that it would warp these out. Has anyone else seen the stock rotors get warped fairly easily? I am not braking hard or taking it off road and running through cold water. So I am little confused as to how they got this bad at 20k miles. Really started at 15k but now it is bad enough that i need to do something. From 50-45mph under firm steady braking the truck shakes/wobbles till about 20-15 mph as i back off the pedal? Is it worth turning the rotors or just easier to buy a new set and call it a day? Was thinking R1/Concepts but if this is from over torquing the lugs I will make sure they use no impact wrenches next time.

Thanks,

J

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same happened to my 2011. Ford rotors are hit or miss, as I have had zero issues with my 2014. Your dealer might help, but most won't bc they will blame your driving/braking style. Look at it as a time to upgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

My rotors were warped at 20k. But I was offroading and it was very hot, brakes worked really good especially with left foot braking and then running into mud holes (thanks TRR15!), lots of them.

But dealer turned all of them under warranty since I was still in the 3yr/36k period.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do you drive it? Do you baby it or "like ya stole it"?

OP
OP
RedFive

RedFive

Reaction score
I accelerate hard most of the time, but just don't stomp on the brakes once I reach a normal speed. I pretty sure it was the Ricky Bobby wanna be pit crew when the rotated my tires last time.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

if you have premium care they are replaced under warranty. mine were

Hmm... I will have to double check what I purchased. Thanks for the tip though.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Looks like i have limited, not premium.

Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
YES THEY ARE THAT BAD. gET THE r1 KIT AND STAINLESS BRAKES LINES

Don't listen to this goon!

Do you ride your brakes like a 90nyear old Asian lady with the full masked visor and gloves? If so, I bet that's your problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't listen to this goon!

Do you ride your brakes like a 90nyear old Asian lady with the full masked visor and gloves? If so, I bet that's your problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PFFT. Like you know...