GEN 2 Wall of Shame Greedy FORD Dealers. Call them out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure. I was trying to work with them too but then they told me 5k over. They had 2 lb 802 at one time. IMG_4003.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianR

Reaction score
Ken Grody, Carlsbad
As mentioned, +$25k with (4) on the lot

Encinitas Ford
+$25k with (2)

Mine on order at MSRP in Penn.....since Nov.

Seems to me dealers that can't get ADM are selling or trading to dealers who can.

Can't blame them, I support free enterprise. I just haven't been this excited for a new car in a long time.

SoCalHusker

Reaction score
Ken Grody, Carlsbad

As mentioned, +$25k with (4) on the lot

Encinitas Ford

+$25k with (2)

Mine on order at MSRP in Penn.....since Nov.

Seems to me dealers that can't get ADM are selling or trading to dealers who can.

Can't blame them, I support free enterprise. I just haven't been this excited for a new car in a long time.

Worth the wait. Very special ride!

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, California dealers being very aggressive (greedy) this time around, sad. Way more than they were with Gen 1. Glad I don't have the bug, still very happy with my 2013. I would just walk away for the next year or so, way to many other nice vehicles up in the, or near to the 6 figure range they want for these trucks.

lars464

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sometimes get surprised as to why so much hate for the dealers marking up these trucks. I do not work for, or have any love for new car dealers. I have been amazed at how much people are willing to pay over MSRP just to have this new truck now. To all that refuse to pay mark up, I agree, and stand with you. But they are entitled to get whatever they can in this hot market. If your house is listed in a strong real estate market and a bidding war develops on your property, you will be very happy. Are you going to sell your house for 15K over asking, or let it go for your original asking price? Patience, and inventory will end this stupid mark up trend. Hold tight boys.

SubSonicSOPMOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i had 3 or six or 12 houses I'd maybe do it for the first one. something doesn't sit right with me when consumers are made to compete, the dealers should be competing to sell better trucks to more people at the best price. I could be wrong, it is a new hot shit pickup. Maybe just wait, nobody's holding a gun to ur head.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EVS Ford in Wisconsin sold a new raptor for $5k ADM first owner brought it back and they re advertised it USED w/550 miles on it again with $5k ADM...lmao

guernsej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sometimes get surprised as to why so much hate for the dealers marking up these trucks. I do not work for, or have any love for new car dealers. I have been amazed at how much people are willing to pay over MSRP just to have this new truck now. To all that refuse to pay mark up, I agree, and stand with you. But they are entitled to get whatever they can in this hot market. If your house is listed in a strong real estate market and a bidding war develops on your property, you will be very happy. Are you going to sell your house for 15K over asking, or let it go for your original asking price? Patience, and inventory will end this stupid mark up trend. Hold tight boys.

The hate exists because, in many states, dealers are required by law and shielded from the market competition of direct sales to ostensibly "protect the consumer," yet despite being a government protected industry are still entitled (as you put it) to take advantage of free market conditions such as "hot markets".

Regardless, I don't really have a problem with dealers charging whatever markup they like on their own inventory. I do, however, have a problem with them buying out lower priced inventory from across the country to corner their market and artificially inflate pricing. To follow your same analogy, this is more like wealthy investors purchasing all the property in a desirable neighborhood before it's even listed for sale and then reselling at significantly higher prices without making any material improvements.

TLDR: A company sells a product at a chosen price that we can't purchase directly because we're required by law to go through an arguably unnecessary middleman known to employ unethical business tactics, including intentional misinformation and market manipulation, and our main recourse is to abstain from buying said product despite the fact that doing so would be mutually beneficial to both ourselves and the original manufacturer.

Such is life, but I'm surprised that you're surprised people are hating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc