Volant intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just put the K&N intake system on. No drone at speed but nice aggressive sound under acceleration. No issue with remote start switch. Didn't even need to touch it. Kit comes with coolant bottle. I also bought the rain sock for the filter but i left it off. Drove it home tonight, cruise control set at 43-44mph, on flat land, no downhill, getting 22 MPG. Talk about insane. I can't even believe that I'm getting that kind of mileage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 120

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cody obviously the K&N is a miracle working intake, and increases mileage by a crazy amount. I'm switching soon!

/sarcasm

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can u imagine what a tornado in the intake tube would do? Lol. Na but seriously, I like the K&N stuff. Had it on a couple of my other trucks and got them on my bikes to. Definitely a fan.

Sierra13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Bronco, what's the status on this new intake? I'm wanting to order one but want to see if there is a new one before I pony up the cash.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just put the K&N intake system on. No drone at speed but nice aggressive sound under acceleration. No issue with remote start switch. Didn't even need to touch it. Kit comes with coolant bottle. I also bought the rain sock for the filter but i left it off. Drove it home tonight, cruise control set at 43-44mph, on flat land, no downhill, getting 22 MPG. Talk about insane. I can't even believe that I'm getting that kind of mileage.

You cant belive you are getting that gas mileage because you arent really getting that gas mileage.

No trust me you arent, try it again after putting a couple of fill ups into fuelly.com

111509.png

My in dash varies between 12mpg and 14mpg, never once have i seen it actually end up being more then 12.8mpg.

Still 22mpg indicated means you are probably around 18-20mpg which is not bad at all.

BRONCOBOY1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Bronco, what's the status on this new intake? I'm wanting to order one but want to see if there is a new one before I pony up the cash.

Sorry for the delay, both I and Volant just got caught up in the Christmas madness of trying to fill orders and keep everyone happy. I have set a appointment with Volant next Thursday for a install of the new intake with the cold air intake tube and power core filter. I'm not sure if this is re-designed or what but they want my truck to check fitment and pictures.
I will take some pictures and post a review

Reaction score
Just installed Volant this weekend on 2012 Raptor - couple points:
1) Instructions (or one page diagram) is seriously lacking - and the girl from volant on You tube with demo install on F150 is only a little better.
2) Parts in package - some were not thought out well or I got a bum pack - hood sensor bolt is too long, luckily I had some. Bracket makes plugging in hood sensor difficult, I suggest drilling hole in bracket to thread clip through, and the ford bracket you remove near the front right to put volant bracket under needs to be drilled out for it to go back on as now the spacing is a little to tight.
3) I did not get the cold air snorkel (probably should have) and the additional open hole in front of box make cabin resonance really tough at 1600 - 2000 rpm's. I purchased a rubber 3" plumbing cap with hose clamp to cover hole and it really lowered resonance. I like the earlier post with the ford box put back in place - always an alternative.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is an awesome unit, I just think for the quality of the product they could deliver a little better installation.

RCH