Volant intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

surfer

Reaction score
Where does the snorkel / scoop draw air from, and does the box still have an opening in the bottom like the previous volants ?

Last edited:

BRONCOBOY1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where does the snorkel / scoop draw air from, and does the box still have an opening in the bottom like the previous volants ?

I have the same question, I am looking for the filtration of the power core but don't want the noise because of long towing trips it becomes a pain to listen to.

So did volant put a hole in the bottom to make it sound cool ???

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am unsure...not yet familiar with the newest design other than the video I liked to in the first post. It does not appear to have a hole from what I saw but there is the "ram air" option that would have a hole to draw from under the bumper. I did not see a good view of the full box in the video though.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like it - Or at the very least some brackets to move it over but the way I takeit is it is a new tank all together since you have to switch the lines etc. Moving the tank over allows the to use the bigger base unit and keep an enclosed airbox...I'm still not oldn the ram air being a great idea for something off road, especially in hgh H20 situations but the rest of the set up looks pretty slick from what I can tell....if only they would flow it and mak an inlet for an aftermarket TB too :)

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok let me answer some questions about the Volant.

The filtration of the Powercore is 2nd to none. With the enclosed box the sound is deadened quite a bit. It's not much sound over stock.

There is openings in the front of the box to suck in air coming thru the fender and around the radiator. The older style had a rectangular wrap around opening, while the new one has circle openings to fit their ram air scoops.

You would have to take the air ram off when going offroading. Air rams simply aren't made for that.

Sierra13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ram air scoop draws from the middle opening in bumper so if you have a light bar installed there might not be worth the purchase of the scoop.

Reprobate

Reaction score
Is there a need to tune with the Volant w/Ram air scoop? If so, does it matter what programmer is used? And if a specific type/brand programmer is not needed then can anyone make a suggestion and back up their preference please?

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a need to tune with the Volant w/Ram air scoop? If so, does it matter what programmer is used? And if a specific type/brand programmer is not needed then can anyone make a suggestion and back up their preference please?

No programmer is needed, however to maximize gains you would need a tuner. Most here will recommend Mike over at 5 Star tuning.

BRONCOBOY1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok just got off the phone with Tony at Volant, they have developed another Coolant tank. We will be doing the final fitting of the power core intake with the scoop and the new coolant tank in a couple of weeks.
I will try to remember to take some photos and get everyone some feedback