Volant intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure IRONMAN found a way to make the remote start work without having to do much

FORDONLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just installed mine and love it,i have remote start, i just relocated the hood sensor about 3-4 inches back towards the cab and drilled a self tapping screw in. problem solved.

AFE or Volant...do both work with remote start? which sounds better??

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Volant is pretty quiet. But it's enclosed which almost everyone at the TRR found out they wanted. I know of 2 trucks at the TRR who were running Volant, whtrapta and I, and our filters hardly had dust on em.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
The Volant is pretty quiet. But it's enclosed which almost everyone at the TRR found out they wanted. I know of 2 trucks at the TRR who were running Volant, whtrapta and I, and our filters hardly had dust on em.

i was seriously AMAZED! although I did run front of class a when I was running hard. But still, the air compressor got NOTHING!

Dkyle1220

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the sensor is the little doohickey near the air box it depresses when the hood closes which apparently enables you to use your remote start. sorry i dont have any pics,as far as afe vs. volant, from what i can tell the afe is probably an easier install and with the lid is virtually the same as the volant,but IMO the volant with the powercore filter is a little better.