tuning rough shifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just installed it today yes its x3 tuner yea rough shifting was much higher when i first installed it but a bit better after but still rough ,, i have another question is my stock will be automatically saved or i have to save it by my self

Your stock tune is saved on the SCT tuner...I would suggest going to SCT's website and downloading their APP (PC only) and then backing up your stock tune to your computer with the USB cable...so if you lose your tuner or something happens to your tune on the SCT you still have your stock tune stored safely...

OP
OP
U

uaq69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how can i do that yes i want to do it ,, it seems more safe

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yea id be contacting the person i bought the tuner and tune from. and 91 is for girls i run my 93 octane performance tune haha but then again its easy for me to find 93 around here :hat:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how can i do that yes i want to do it ,, it seems more safe

Plug the USB cable that came with tuner into the tuner and plug the other in into an open USB port on your computer

Go to SCTs website and download their backup and update app....it should prompt you on how to back up your stock tune to your computer and where it will be saved....plus you will want to save your tunes from 5 star as well....

One thing...never unplug or turn off your computer while backing up, etc...

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My .02

The drive cycle for the transmision is 300 miles.
50 miles for the Fuel Trim cycle.

This is according to SVT when they still were answering the phone.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He actually does get 98 octane in the ME (i think he is in dubai if im not mistaken).

UAQ69 just in case you guys use RON scale 98 RON = 93.1 octane last i checked.

So 5stars 93 octane tune will mean you will HAVE TO RUN 98 RON or higher.

That being said the fuel cycle, is how many miles its takes for the ECU to "learn" a new fuel curve after it is reset or reflashed.

The same for the transmission (just more miles evidently)

Rapt

Reaction score
mine has hard shifting too, running afe and a 5 star tune. also use 98 octane but I doubt that has anything to do with the shifting.

OP
OP
U

uaq69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since how long you have it installed rapt and which fuel you are using??

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
whats fuel cycle?

The Raptor uses the Smith Perdictive Software in your PCM (Powertrain Control module) to monitor your Engine and Transmission.

This will allow the computer (PCM) to perdict how she will run at maximum efficiency at any giving moment.

By adjusting fuel, air, temp, F/A ratio, timing, shift points and more.......

Personally I prefer to drive by the seat of my pants but this is what needs to be done to comply with the USA EPA Standards and it’s only going to get worse

Last edited: