Tune options for whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree somewhat with you on the encrypted Tune.
But that's not Whipple's fault to a certain extent.
I stayed with the configuration that the encrypted Tune was designed for., So for me everything was fine.
But now this optional 700+ HP upgrade package with Whipple's SCT Tune, It's down right fantastic.

While trying to offer a warranty with their Whipple kits, their hands were tied as to how aggressive that Tune could go. The same goes for Roush.
And it was Whipple to first offer a LT Headers Tune.
Problem is Whipple is not in the business of Tuning, their a manufacturing company.
But they care about their product and since no one could tune the Raptor even with using an old GT500 Tune as base tempale, it just wasn't working.
They spent quite a bit of their own money getting a Tune and then a LT headers Tune.
Even Roush went through this, Ford made the PCM and software so complicated for the Raptor with it's nannies and torque controlled throttle body.

Having said all that, the Raptor Supercharged base template for SCT Tunning is now out in data bases for tunners to modify and modifying their doing!
And I'm glad, every Tune revision that I get and I am up to 9 now, it just gets better and better.

Now if Ford does keep or bring back the 6.2L Raptor, that will only increase interest for Tunners to keep on R & D' ing. I have my fingers crossed.
I'd really hate to see the 6.2 fade away.

Plus there is a whole lot of parameters in the PCM software that by law and encryption SCT cannot open up. That kind of bites the big one for me.

Last edited:

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Exactly !!! I have a MPT race tune on my Tremor the trans tuning is exactly what i want on my Raptor. Still havent made any calls yet probably wait till after christmas.

Call us we can get you a better tune for the Raptor and Tremor! We have a Tremor here at the shop we have been doing R&D on for over a year now and have some awesome files! Speak to our guy Nick, it's his truck....732-780-0770

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Having said all that, the Raptor Supercharged base template for SCT Tunning is now out in data bases for tunners to modify and modifying their doing!
And I'm glad, every Tune revision that I get and up to 8 now, just gets better and better.

Now if Ford does keep or bring back the 6.2L Raptor, that will only increase interest for Tunners to keep on R & D' ing. I have my fingers crossed.
I'd really hate to see the 6.2 fade away.

Plus there is a whole lot of parameters in the PCM software that by law and encryption SCT cannot open up. That kind of bites the big one for me.

We've spent the better part of the past 5 years giving SCT address and information on the Raptor trucks to help add to the software and provide base files for other tuners. Some of these files that are "base" files we helped SCT set up for their dealers. We have numerous tuning shops across the world that call us on a daily basis for tunes because they can still not figure it out on their own. It does take someone with skill and knowledge to provide the best tune for your truck.

It took Whipple so long because as you mentioned they are not a tuning facility. They provide warranty-able tune files for their kits to offer the complete package to their customers. However they have stepped into more of the custom tuning arena now and the Raptor is one of their kits that they have been working on to better.

We've had the tuning locked down for quiet some time now, and have more Supercharged trucks running our tuning than anyone. Whipple included. We sell more Whipple Superchargers than all Whipple dealers combine, as per Whipple and our combinations are better proven.

JimIII@JDM

BAD454SS

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Jim III , i understand the 2010 raptors have a diffrent computer than the 2011 and up, and they are little bit tougher to write a tune for. If i were to call you and order a sct livewire TS plus with a tune whats the time frame of shipping it out to me? Thanks

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Jim III , i understand the 2010 raptors have a diffrent computer than the 2011 and up, and they are little bit tougher to write a tune for. If i were to call you and order a sct livewire TS plus with a tune whats the time frame of shipping it out to me? Thanks

Yes they do, we have a '10 Whipple Raptor running our 650 kit at the shop now. The customer was happy to donate it to spend a little time on so we can perfect it. We have SCT adding some parameters and addresses to the '10 strategy's so we can make the tunes for those trucks just as bad ass as our 11-14 customers!

We can get you a live wire but we prefer the X4 as the Livewire has had some quirks. Call us for pricing and availability! 732-780-0770

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since the OP has ask all Tune options, I need to point out that SVC has been tuning the Whipple for quite some time also, especially the 2010 1/2 Whipple, Roush and NA

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MTF,

Good point on the whipple tune. I get it that they have to warranty their stuff and they cant have fools like us blowing tunes up from all over, but the limitations were ridiculous. And yes the jdm package is great.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well it's all done now anyway with the warranty craze.

And as I mentioned before I can't give an opinion on who's Tune better is than the next.
Everybody knows I'm a Whipple Fan Boy. LOL

But to compare the warranty Tunes either from Whipple or Roush against a custom Tune is a little unfair.
That is the point I am trying to make.

Last edited:

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed,

I wasn't saying anything negative to you bro. Just agreeing on the stock stuff that everyone puts out they have to be careful. They must leave it up to us crazies to go "balls to the walls".