Trying so hard to like the Gen 3 but.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Gen 3 is nice, not great. I have a feeling it'll grow on ud. If people buy the Trailboss with Monte Carlo fenders on it, they'll buy the Gen 3.

STiago1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I certainly thought they might use the powerboost hybrid, perhaps its heavier not suitable for the raptor setup. With the given economic forecast and economies reeling from covid, shortage in production, trouble with supply chain could only mean less R units and less people pre-ordering. V6 will be where ford will earn their money

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Technologically and mechanically the Gen 3 is the way to go. Visually, I haven’t been a fan of the new F-150s. They’re not bad, I even like boxy designs but this feels like halfway in between, like smoothed boxy. They just all look like Super Duties to me. Gen 3 Raptors are no exception. My truck is perfectly capable of anything I’d be putting it through at this point and I think it looks way better—so I’ve got no fomo. I’m also not ragging on the design to make myself feel better. I just feel like, for me, Gen 2 is the apex of the genre.

It had to have been a difficult task to update the body. Gen 2 is pretty much exactly how I would’ve designed it, which is rare for me with any vehicle.

For the most part Gen 3 is ok. I really miss the C-shaped halos on Gen 3. The most egregious thing is that hood extractor. It’s fugly. If I bought that truck, I’d even go so far as to custom fabricate my own version. It looks like LEGO and not even the normal bricks, it looks like DUPLO.

I can’t wait to see one in person.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TRX are having issues already, ticking noises, oil leaks plus poor production quality FCA is known for..sad

Holy crap thats some ridiculous QC issues. I get new vehicles always have some sort of bugs but build QC issues are not acceptable.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I pray that the instrument view is configurable to analog. Words could never express how much I hate that digital tach and speedometer. Give me an option to make them look like the G2 gauges, and continue to add other analog-appearing gauges to My View.

Josh84

Reaction score
FCA is plagued by quality issues as always
Yes I agree. It is hilarious to see everyone losing their mind because Ford didn't come out with a 800HP Raptor. People forget a Dodge is a Dodge (Ram) if you just put a big engine into it like that fixes all the reasons that Dodges are 3rd rate.