GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor4You

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any ford dealer can drop ship to another dealer for free. Just takes a little more effort which they don’t wanna do. And if you pay over MSRP you’re just lazy at finding a good deal. And yes California has markups but fly one way to Montana or Arizona or Kansas and Pay MSRP or less and road trip it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drop ship isn't free. Well the drop ship is but your local dealers will charge any where from $399 to $750.00 to complete the process. This fee is passed on to the buyers.

JB

leboeuf45

Reaction score
So Yesterday I unexpectedly sold my 2018 as someone made me an offer that I couldn't turn down and with the 2019's coming out it and with the new changes it made sense. After speaking with my salesman and getting an order guide there is an issue with getting the Recaro seats (those come in the Raptor interior color blue accent pkg) and the carbon fiber interior package. This sucks because i had the carbon pkg on my 18 and loved it and i have to get the Recaros as its one of teh main selling points of the 19. After looking at some online press release photos of the 2019, they clearly show the blue interior with recaros as well as the carbon fiber interior pkg together, so now im confused.

Does anyone here have the ability to help me clarify this? My salesman said he was going to reach out to ford but that he had tried prior for another customer and hasn't received a response.

Attachments

• 2019 Raptor pic.pdf
    149.2 KB · Views: 6

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Yesterday I unexpectedly sold my 2018 as someone made me an offer that I couldn't turn down and with the 2019's coming out it and with the new changes it made sense. After speaking with my salesman and getting an order guide there is an issue with getting the Recaro seats (those come in the Raptor interior color blue accent pkg) and the carbon fiber interior package. This sucks because i had the carbon pkg on my 18 and loved it and i have to get the Recaros as its one of teh main selling points of the 19. After looking at some online press release photos of the 2019, they clearly show the blue interior with recaros as well as the carbon fiber interior pkg together, so now im confused.

Does anyone here have the ability to help me clarify this? My salesman said he was going to reach out to ford but that he had tried prior for another customer and hasn't received a response.

You can buy the carbon fiber package, option 61C. Or you can by the color accent package, aka blue recarros which also includes the carbon fiber package. Color accent package is 60R.

leboeuf45

Reaction score
Great ok well that solves the problem is the Carbon pkg comes in the blue interior pkg, im not sure why ford doesn't explain that. Do you know if its the same carbon parts that are included? Passenger dash piece, door trim pieces, shift knob?

wjn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great ok well that solves the problem is the Carbon pkg comes in the blue interior pkg, im not sure why ford doesn't explain that. Do you know if its the same carbon parts that are included? Passenger dash piece, door trim pieces, shift knob?
Probably your sales man did not read the order guide.
RAPTOR INTERIOR COLOR BLUE ACCENT PACKAGE (60R)
Availability:
• Optional on Raptor Luxury
Not available with:
• Raptor Carbon Fiber Pakcage (61C)
Includes:
• Aluminum Dash Panels
• Recaro® Unique Seat / Console Coverings w/ Blue Accents
• Unique High-Gloss Black Carbon Fiber:
— Shift knob
— Dash Appliqué
— Door Appliqué
— Media Bin Door

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/2019-order-guide.63005/#post-1283873

carguyohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally have my VIN. 10-1 build date, 10-16 delivery.

SCAB with sunroof and the orange trim interior. While it has much more than those two options 2019s can only dream of those two.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally have my VIN. 10-1 build date, 10-16 delivery.

SCAB with sunroof and the orange trim interior. While it has much more than those two options 2019s can only dream of those two.
What was your order date? Another member just got his VIN on an "early August order" for a 2018. My order went in (got the DORA) on the 8th, this thing is starting to itch~!

carguyohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was your order date? Another member just got his VIN on an "early August order" for a 2018. My order went in (got the DORA) on the 8th, this thing is starting to itch~!

Much earlier, 6-20. By the looks of it the VIN was assigned since 8-16. I just got it today after calling both Ford and E-mailing my dealership.

My concern was I have a potential buyer for my current truck and of course need to make sure I am actually getting my 2018 Raptor before selling my current truck.

VIN still does not pull a window sticker though.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I just checked my order date and it was 8/4. I received my VIN on 08/25 for a build start of 9/8 which i confirmed with Ford. My order is a SCAB w/ CF, moonroof, stock wheels, spray in bedliner.

Was able to pull my window sticker over the weekend using:

https://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

Attachments

• windowsticker.pdf
    816.7 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
E

EMPAC623

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Much earlier, 6-20. By the looks of it the VIN was assigned since 8-16. I just got it today after calling both Ford and E-mailing my dealership.

My concern was I have a potential buyer for my current truck and of course need to make sure I am actually getting my 2018 Raptor before selling my current truck.

VIN still does not pull a window sticker though.
Can’t pull window sticker till roughly 7 days before production date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk