GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Main reason I wanted the SCAB is the wheelbase. I've been driving on/offroad in a 95" wheelbase and loving it. I just wanted to keep it as short as possible, 133" will seem long enough!
That would mean if you are getting an 18 it would be built no later than the week of Oct 13th. Make sure you get on a schedule or they will roll you into a 2019 model which has price increases and option
I have my DORA, with my name order number and dealer number, shows priority of 10, says "assembly plant not found vin# TEX1RG J".

But the ford website for tracking orders as well as the chat line on Facebook tell me they cannot find the truck in the system until I have a VIN.

I guess getting a '19 would not be a problem, other than having to wait until much later.

Eguillen24

Reaction score
just picked up a 2018 Ford Raptor in cali paid $4000 mark up did I get a good deal? what mark ups are people paying?

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just picked up a 2018 Ford Raptor in cali paid $4000 mark up did I get a good deal? what mark ups are people paying?

Congrats! Looking forward to pictures and mods. Regarding mark ups...each their own. Depends how much one wants it. For relative value, just about every NY dealer is charging $7-10k "market adjustment".

Enjoy it and drive it well!

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um no one. And plenty of 18s are 1,000s off MSRP

A lot of people are paying markups, maybe not the people here but others do for sure. Saw one at the gas pump yesterday with paper plates, I asked him and it was $10,000 over MSRP, but part of that was that it was sitting on the lot so they have the advantage when there's the chance to drive away in it.

I think some of it has to do with region, I have no experience with states other than Texas, but I know it could cost five figures to have it shipped 1,000 miles. I can say that NOBODY in the Austin area will sell at sticker, I spent many weeks trying. It kind of makes sense in Austin with the superheated economy and all of the Californication going on here...in other words people paying a half million dollars for a 50 year old house and then paying cash. I've heard that some Houston dealers will sell at sticker or a bit under but none of the ones I called (only 2 or 3) did so I went further west and found one in Fredricksburg.

OP
OP
E

EMPAC623

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of people are paying markups, maybe not the people here but others do for sure. Saw one at the gas pump yesterday with paper plates, I asked him and it was $10,000 over MSRP, but part of that was that it was sitting on the lot so they have the advantage when there's the chance to drive away in it.

I think some of it has to do with region, I have no experience with states other than Texas, but I know it could cost five figures to have it shipped 1,000 miles. I can say that NOBODY in the Austin area will sell at sticker, I spent many weeks trying. It kind of makes sense in Austin with the superheated economy and all of the Californication going on here...in other words people paying a half million dollars for a 50 year old house and then paying cash. I've heard that some Houston dealers will sell at sticker or a bit under but none of the ones I called (only 2 or 3) did so I went further west and found one in Fredricksburg.

Any ford dealer can drop ship to another dealer for free. Just takes a little more effort which they don’t wanna do. And if you pay over MSRP you’re just lazy at finding a good deal. And yes California has markups but fly one way to Montana or Arizona or Kansas and Pay MSRP or less and road trip it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carguyohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Main reason I wanted the SCAB is the wheelbase. I've been driving on/offroad in a 95" wheelbase and loving it. I just wanted to keep it as short as possible, 133" will seem long enough!

I have my DORA, with my name order number and dealer number, shows priority of 10, says "assembly plant not found vin# TEX1RG J".

But the ford website for tracking orders as well as the chat line on Facebook tell me they cannot find the truck in the system until I have a VIN.

I guess getting a '19 would not be a problem, other than having to wait until much later.

I would keep pushing them for an 18. the 19s have a decent price increase. Also depending on what options you want they may not be available in a 19. No Orange interior, we know that. But someone mentioned they axed the sunroof in the SCAB. I find that hard to believe. Color changes as well. I am also not a fan of the new BL wheels, but that is just me. Of course you would get the upgraded shocks. I specifically told my dealer I will not accept a 19.

Daxton

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Truck city ford in Buda will. If your serious and show up to complete the deal. Did for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

EMPAC623

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would keep pushing them for an 18. the 19s have a decent price increase. Also depending on what options you want they may not be available in a 19. No Orange interior, we know that. But someone mentioned they axed the sunroof in the SCAB. I find that hard to believe. Color changes as well. I am also not a fan of the new BL wheels, but that is just me. Of course you would get the upgraded shocks. I specifically told my dealer I will not accept a 19.

Sunroof is axed in all f-150 scabs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk