GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well - I FINALLY have a VIN 3 months after placing the order.
Supposed to be built the week of May 22nd...
I was right on the verge of cancelling as I think that a wait like this for a vehicle that's not a limited production is ridiculous...

Don't forget about the inevitable delay on shipping....built on 5/22 means delivery around mid-June if you are lucky.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Ordered Jan 28. Magnetic with carbon fiber and beadlocks. Got windows sticker today with build date of May 8th
875041c41898b06d27f3b82f8b1a5c1e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

At MSRP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty good turnaround for CF + BL....5 months faster than my order.

Big-Foot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget about the inevitable delay on shipping....built on 5/22 means delivery around mid-June if you are lucky.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Pretty good turnaround for CF + BL....5 months faster than my order.

Yeah - I know how that part of it works... Ford's Logistics / Shipping Contractors are all over the map in terms of time to delivery... One car I bought sat at the Ford plant for almost a month before it was loaded on a rail car and it went really fast until it hit the depot about 40 miles from me where it sat for another almost two weeks... Grrrr.....
Meanwhile there were other cars produced at the same plant that made it here in just a couple of weeks time. It made no sense and it was totally out of Ford's hands...

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Window Sticker Updates

So anyone know what triggers a window sticker update? It is the date in the lower margin. I can't see any changes in the content on the window sticker. Wondering if a change in order status triggers an update?

4/19/17 - Window sticker appeared with build date of 4/25/17
4/26/17 - 1st update post build date.
5/4/17 - 2nd update, but again no content changes?

theman1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So anyone know what triggers a window sticker update? It is the date in the lower margin. I can't see any changes in the content on the window sticker. Wondering if a change in order status triggers an update?

4/19/17 - Window sticker appeared with build date of 4/25/17
4/26/17 - 1st update post build date.
5/4/17 - 2nd update, but again no content changes?

Best I can tell the first date is when the sticker is generated. The 1st UPDATE is usually the day the actual build begins, generally +/- 1 day of blend day. 2nd UPDATE is when it leaves QC to ramp to await shipment (I think.... I've followed a bunch of stickers and this seems to be the pattern.)

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best I can tell the first date is when the sticker is generated. The 1st UPDATE is usually the day the actual build begins, generally +/- 1 day of blend day. 2nd UPDATE is when it leaves QC to ramp to await shipment (I think.... I've followed a bunch of stickers and this seems to be the pattern.)

Makes sense....and hope it is through QC and awaiting shipment.

captkrunch

Reaction score
I'm thinking about ordering but can someone tell me what the deal is with dealer allotment? If a dealer was only allotted one raptor and they already got it, does that mean I can't order one from that dealer?