GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed my order on 03/18/2017. I just finished up with Fordperformance online chat. I was told my VIN has been generated with no build date as of yet. So far I am pleased with the timing!

I was told by the sales manager (long time friend) that CF would prolong my order. In fact I originally included CF on my order and when he put it in the system it came back with a delay. This was on a Saturday, the following Monday I had the CF removed.

Can't believe u have a vin already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed my order on 03/18/2017. I just finished up with Fordperformance online chat. I was told my VIN has been generated with no build date as of yet. So far I am pleased with the timing!

I was told by the sales manager (long time friend) that CF would prolong my order. In fact I originally included CF on my order and when he put it in the system it came back with a delay. This was on a Saturday, the following Monday I had the CF removed.
Extremely hard to believe.

Last edited:

Mink

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I placed my order Feb. 6th, received vin# Feb. 16th, with a build date of 3/21,
Received window sticker 3/17 and truck has left Chicago. The window sticker had a blend date of 3/25 but it was built a little sooner.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im envious too but it just depends on where you land at time of order in that particular dealers allocation schedule.

I was ahead of my dealer's last delivery, which was a few weeks ago. That truck was ordered in August, mine in July. Both trucks have forged wheels and no cf. So, things can never fully be explained, on this end at least.

CROOKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 1/31
Found the vin on raptor finder
Talked to ford performance
Will be delivered 4/3-4/8

Mink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im envious too but it just depends on where you land at time of order in that particular dealers allocation schedule.
That's right Robtor, I got lucky and found a dealer that had a allocation that wasn't sold and there area rep said they had to have the order submitted in 1 week or they would lose it for that time frame so it worked great for me. I feel sorry for you guys that have been waiting forever, the system for ordering is messed up. It is definitely not first come first built.

Raptize

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I believe it to be what Robtor310 is saying, where I fell in my dealers allocation order... Having been a long time friend of the sales manager I had a casual conversation with him when I went in to place my order on previously mentioned date. He stated that they have 14 allocations for his store, I would be the 5th truck that they have placed an order for over all.

I didn't get into any other specifics but my thinking is if they have 14 allocated to them and I am the 5th and there are only so many months left for this production year that would suggest my truck would come up for production fairly quick. I do not have the VIN number yet since I just chatted with Fordperformance last night, I was told I would need to get the VIN from my dealer.

I didn't want to be a **** and text my friend not knowing if he is at work or at home so I will be reaching out to him today to ask if he can get me my VIN... I can appreciate everyone skepticism but I am just sharing the info I have. I am not exactly new to the site for I have been a non subscribed reader since 2014 and have owned 2 Raptors.

Edited for spacing for easier reading :)

Mystical'96

Reaction score
I can finally add to the discussion. Chatted with Ford Performance this morning and found out I have a VIN!

Ordered: 3/4
Build date: 4/25
ETA to dealer: 5/8- 5/14

So about 9 weeks from order to estimated delivery.

Ford Performance would not give me the VIN, he referred me back to the dealer for that.