GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my raptor on 01/23/17. I have been calling the dealership for a while and they kept telling me it was going to be a while until i got a vin/ build date. Last week they told me ford took back the allocation that was suppose to go to me and I am now going to have to wait until the first 2018 allocation or if they get back a 2017 allocation. I think the dealership just sold it to someone who was paying more.... either way that is ridiculous.

I don't know what happened with your order because it seems kinda late in the game for what there telling you now, but I copied a post I made on another forum back in early February that I know is true.

(((I was told by a good friend that co owns a small dealership in Utah that when the allocations were done they were supposed to get 5 allocations and in January ford told them that they were only going to get 3 of the 5 that were allocated to them, so they had 2 very upset pre order customers and these were long time customers. He was upset but ford does what they want sounds like. Not saying this is what happened to you just fyi. Also I wasn't able to get a raptor from him either.)))

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know what happened with your order because it seems kinda late in the game for what there telling you now, but I copied a post I made on another forum back in early February that I know is true.

(((I was told by a good friend that co owns a small dealership in Utah that when the allocations were done they were supposed to get 5 allocations and in January ford told them that they were only going to get 3 of the 5 that were allocated to them, so they had 2 very upset pre order customers and these were long time customers. He was upset but ford does what they want sounds like. Not saying this is what happened to you just fyi. Also I wasn't able to get a raptor from him either.)))

Adding to the above, Ford CAN pull allocations is they so choose to. It happened to me on my first order. I was involved in the conversation with the dealer and the regional rep. Unfortunate, but it does happen. For the record this was a smaller dealer that was getting their 3 reduced to 2. I was #3.

So going forward, I found a new dealer that was also willing to do MSRP in December. Placed an order there but not before we had a real honest detailed conversation about the process, allocation etc. You need to find a dealer that is going to be straightforward with you. Alot of salespeople know jack shit so deal with an inventory manager or someone that does.

Mink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding to the above, Ford CAN pull allocations is they so choose to. It happened to me on my first order. I was involved in the conversation with the dealer and the regional rep. Unfortunate, but it does happen. For the record this was a smaller dealer that was getting their 3 reduced to 2. I was #3.

So going forward, I found a new dealer that was also willing to do MSRP in December. Placed an order there but not before we had a real honest detailed conversation about the process, allocation etc. You need to find a dealer that is going to be straightforward with you. Alot of salespeople know jack shit so deal with an inventory manager or someone that does.

Robtor,

You are right on, tough to find a dealer that you can get through the layers of employee's that don't have a clue and to somebody that will give you the true scoop. There is a huge amount of info on the forums that you can use to weed out the sales people when there not telling you the right info. It shouldn't be this hard to spend $70K on a damm pickup.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine hit the lot today!

25d6c0aebfe50ed2302eb65e16872ce0.jpg

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK - so my Raptor has been in Buffalo (60 miles to my west) since March 17! Still hasn't shown up - I get that a snow storm last week might have messed things up a little. Dealer said no further updates as of an hour ago. Glad I'm out of town until Friday! I really thought it would have been sitting on the dealers lot for a couple of weeks until I got back!

dakotawoopass

Reaction score
Ordered and put 1k down in October.
Got called today by dealer. Told me that my truck will be built in April, and that it will have beadlocks. I've read on a few other pages that beadlocks are no longer a constraint.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered and put 1k down in October.
Got called today by dealer. Told me that my truck will be built in April, and that it will have beadlocks. I've read on a few other pages that beadlocks are no longer a constraint.

Mixed messages, confusing isn't it?? Some are told no more constraints, other are told--you better get that carbon fiber and beadlocks off if you want ordered for 2017 model year! I ordered in July, and my dealer maintained this entire time that the forged wheels have never been on constraint for them. I've mentioned this over and over...and have pinched a few nerves along the way. Who knows? All I do for FRF is report what I'm being told directly from my main point of contact, the dealer (whom, by the way, Ford Performance and Ford Service Facebook always remind me that the dealer ALWAYS has the best and most up-to-date information).

Good luck with your order, you're getting close!

dakotawoopass

Reaction score
Mixed messages, confusing isn't it?? Some are told no more constraints, other are told--you better get that carbon fiber and beadlocks off if you want ordered for 2017 model year.....

Ya had to figure though, at some point, they WERE going to get caught up.

Now my dealer did NOT tell me there were no constraints on beadlock. He only told me that mine was being built as I ordered it. (I did not order CF). I re-asked "So, just to confirm, my pickup WILL have the Beadlock wheels?" He said "yes".

That being said, either its coincidence, OR the rumors that beadlocks are no longer a constraint are true.

Mink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I ordered which was only in February, the dealer I found a raptor through has been very knowledgeable/helpful. I wanted CF and ordered it that way, the order got pulled and he emailed and said I needed to delete the CF or it wouldn't get built so I did and then I seen on here and other places guys getting there trucks built with CF, so I emailed and ask what was up. He called the area rep. and past on to me that if the raptor was ordered before Dec. 1st that they would honor the CF build but you may have to wait awhile, after the Dec. 1st cut off you were out of luck on that option (CF), I know nothing about the beadlocks because I didn't want them, but it sounds to me most are getting them after a longer wait.

Raptize

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed my order on 03/18/2017. I just finished up with Fordperformance online chat. I was told my VIN has been generated with no build date as of yet. So far I am pleased with the timing!

I was told by the sales manager (long time friend) that CF would prolong my order. In fact I originally included CF on my order and when he put it in the system it came back with a delay. This was on a Saturday, the following Monday I had the CF removed.

Last edited: