Tow Strap advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timgco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have changed out my recovery equipment over a few years. I have upgraded to mostly the ARB line. They are all high qualty. There are other higher end straps out there, but I found these to fit my needs. I know the OP asked for strap advice. I added a couple more items to thie list for them
Here's what I currently have:

ARB Recovery bag keeps my recovery equipment organized. My tools are all in a seperate bag. The last thing I want to do is go digging through everything to find a strap.
ARB Large Recovery Bag (ARB501)

Since most of the trails I have wheeled in over the last few years have trees, I use a tree saver to winch off of.
ARB Tree Protector 10 Ft (ARB730)
I have used this one for a couple times)

Snatch Strap for pulling.
ARB Snatch Strap 33,000lb (ARB715)
(this one is new still, I have not used this one yet)

Snatch Block
ARB Ultra Lite Snatch Block (10100020)
This can be a lifesaver. pulliing yourself back onto a trailor at angles, this works great!

VR10S Warn Winch
VR10000-s Winch
I just pulled this one from my JK I just sold. The winch is roughly 4 months old. While I would like to have gone to the 9.5CTIS, I feel the 10K with a snatch block should do just find. + this one is already sitting in the garge paid for. I just ordered up a winch plate for now. I am still waiting for a manufact to release their bumper...so this will do for now.

I also have 6 shackles in this kit. Two are the ARB 8.5T shackle and the other 4 are some cheaper smittybuilt 2 ton shackles.

I also have leather gloves in this kit and an ARB dampner. (you never know if you will be attached to another line that may be steele...where someone else may need something.

frunko1

Reaction score
I have a 15,000 lb ratchet strap I keep in the truck. Works double duty, keeps things tied down, but heavy enough to use as a tow strap if needed. When I used to offroad, I always kept a come along in the truck, although I have a feeling if you get stuck in a raptor you may need something bigger than a hand ratchet come along.