GEN 2 Tonneau Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronniegilbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you installed it yet? If so, how do you like it so far? I am getting my truck next week and will also be using the X2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nordic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took delivery of my raptor last week. I'm glad I waited to order the tonneau cover. Initially, I wanted the retrax pro MX. After evaluating the bed, I noticed the retrax cannister would cover the forward BOX LINK attachment points. I defnitely will be using these BOX LINK attachment points, and do not want to block them!

So, I went with the revolver X2. I need full bed access, and don't like riding around with the rear window obstructed. I went to the BAKFLIP website, texted the online chat room, and asked for the best price. I got it for $855 free shipping. I'm sure it could be found cheaper, but I'm happy having ordered from the factory, as they assured me I could return for any reason.
Hope this helps.

Dave

Can you get some measurements when you have a moment.

Front of bed (inside) to front box link on center.
Front box link to rear box link, oc to oc.
Rear box to tailgate (inside) from oc.

Thank you in advance.

DiSanto

Reaction score
Can you get some measurements when you have a moment.

Front of bed (inside) to front box link on center.
Front box link to rear box link, oc to oc.
Rear box to tailgate (inside) from oc.

Thank you in advance.

11" (top of forward bed lip), 12 3/4" bottom of forward bed to center of forward boxlink.

37 1/2 forward box link to aft boxlink

17 1/2 aft box to tailgate

approx quick measurements

BAk said the order should arrive in four days. I'll send pics after the install.

just to pass on some info, my local accessory shop said they have had many issues with the newer Bak flip covers. (MX4) apparently, the glue they use doesnt hold up well in the extreme southern states. The older bak covers are still great products.

Last edited:

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you installed it yet? If so, how do you like it so far? I am getting my truck next week and will also be using the X2.

I have the Revolver X2 - I've had it installed for 3 weeks now. It has some issues. Not sure I'm going to keep it.
Rubber seals along the bedside rails have a ton of waffling. Supposedly a hair dryer/heat will lay it down. Too much rain going on here right now to try that, so we'll see - though another user on the FB group with the same X2 cover reports it really didn't work for him.

Tailgate won't drop open freely with the X2. It's too tight.

Pull cord can be fished by a 6 year old with a coat hanger, allowing it to be opened.

It leaks - more than a tonneau cover should. The seals at the end of the rail have a larger gap in them than I've seen other covers have. This is annoying for $850+.

Cover lays down and "locks" into a track in each rail. These suck in the snow/ice. Sometimes they don't lay in the track and it doesn't lock in.

Quite often I have to bang the shit out of the cover at the rails where the "locking" mechanisms are to get them to lock down - particularly when it's cold out. This is stupid.

I like that the cover rolls up and doesn't take up space in the bed, but if these issues can't be overcome, **** it, back it goes.

Nordic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
11" (top of forward bed lip), 12 3/4" bottom of forward bed to center of forward boxlink.

37 1/2 forward box link to aft boxlink

17 1/2 aft box to tailgate

approx quick measurements

BAk said the order should arrive in four days. I'll send pics after the install.

just to pass on some info, my local accessory shop said they have had many issues with the newer Bak flip covers. (MX4) apparently, the glue they use doesnt hold up well in the extreme southern states. The older bak covers are still great products.

Thank you for this. Wow, that stinks about the MX4 as that was going to be my pick but thank you for this info as well. If they are having issues this quick not sure this would be limited to just southern states. It gets sunny, hot and humid for months in the northeast too.

ronniegilbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Revolver X2 - I've had it installed for 3 weeks now. It has some issues. Not sure I'm going to keep it.

Rubber seals along the bedside rails have a ton of waffling. Supposedly a hair dryer/heat will lay it down. Too much rain going on here right now to try that, so we'll see - though another user on the FB group with the same X2 cover reports it really didn't work for him.

Tailgate won't drop open freely with the X2. It's too tight.

Pull cord can be fished by a 6 year old with a coat hanger, allowing it to be opened.

It leaks - more than a tonneau cover should. The seals at the end of the rail have a larger gap in them than I've seen other covers have. This is annoying for $850+.

Cover lays down and "locks" into a track in each rail. These suck in the snow/ice. Sometimes they don't lay in the track and it doesn't lock in.

Quite often I have to bang the shit out of the cover at the rails where the "locking" mechanisms are to get them to lock down - particularly when it's cold out. This is stupid.

I like that the cover rolls up and doesn't take up space in the bed, but if these issues can't be overcome, **** it, back it goes.

Thanks for the feedback. Really sucks hearing about all the problems.