Timbren has a solution for rear suspension sag!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tt_goat

Reaction score
Looking under it looks like drivers side is actually touching the pad and the passenger side is about 1/4 inch off.
I’m gonna remove them and drive for a while without them.
I figured if I cut them in half they still would be a lot bigger than the original bump stops. Only reason I need them is once a week I have to pick up a pallet of water for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

a6b56b291dfbbcb810f348ed5d1a0a6a.jpg drivers side03602570d3e92da840c60429ca8f19e0.jpgpassenger side

It looks like you have the correct part # installed, Timbren says you should have .5" to 1.5" gap unloaded. Did you notice a big difference in ride quality?

Last edited:

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like you have the correct part # installed, Timbren says you should have .5" to 1.5" gap unloaded. Did you notice a big difference in ride quality?

Yes I double checked that I ordered the right ones. Yes the ride quality got pretty harsh. I still have them on. It sucks but I would rather have them on then do damage to the shocks when I load the truck once a week. I don’t know but I could have gotten a bad set of timbrens if that is possible

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I just checked mine and they're at least 1.5" away from hitting the rear end. I would definitely contact them about yours almost sitting on the rear end.

Attachments

• Timbrens.jpg
    Timbrens.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 84

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked mine and they're at least 1.5" away from hitting the rear end. I would definitely contact them about yours almost sitting on the rear end.

I cut them in half gonna try and see if that helps. I don’t really feel like going through the motions with timbren. I’m gonna see if half is enough to provide the support I need here and there. Kind of like having bigger bump stops than stock.

flagman

Reaction score
Hi guys, new member here but Ive been following the board for a while. I have a 7700 pound travel trailer that I need to tow and I hooked up to it last May with a weight distribution hitch and realized I needed something else in the rear. I had the Timbren SES put on yesterday and I have maybe 1/16” clearance. I’ll call them on Monday, but in your opinion, why is this? I towed that trailer for 30 miles dry to check out wdh, could this have sprung the springs? For what its worth the ride was’nt bad rough with SES, but I was just on a paved road for ten miles and then parked in garage and checkd out the clearance, flagman
Quick follow up, I had a shooting bench sand bags and shooting box which all weigh about100 pounds in the bed of truck and tools, air compressor, etc, plus 3 long guns ammo, chronograph, spotting scope in the cab and a full tank of gas. I unloaded all of these and the drivers side bump went form 0 to 1/8” and passenger side went from 1/16”tp 1/4”. Somethings not right, flagman

Last edited:

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, new member here but Ive been following the board for a while. I have a 7700 pound travel trailer that I need to tow and I hooked up to it last May with a weight distribution hitch and realized I needed something else in the rear. I had the Timbren SES put on yesterday and I have maybe 1/16” clearance. I’ll call them on Monday, but in your opinion, why is this? I towed that trailer for 30 miles dry to check out wdh, could this have sprung the springs? For what its worth the ride was’nt bad rough with SES, but I was just on a paved road for ten miles and then parked in garage and checkd out the clearance, flagman
Quick follow up, I had a shooting bench sand bags and shooting box which all weigh about100 pounds in the bed of truck and tools, air compressor, etc, plus 3 long guns ammo, chronograph, spotting scope in the cab and a full tank of gas. I unloaded all of these and the drivers side bump went form 0 to 1/8” and passenger side went from 1/16”tp 1/4”. Somethings not right, flagman

Let me know what you come up with please was thinking same thing that maybe my clearance is messed up. Wondering if there is a accurate way to measure somewhere that we can compare to people who haven’t loaded anything. By the way after cutting timbrens in half my smooth ride is back.

flagman

Reaction score
Let me know what you come up with please was thinking same thing that maybe my clearance is messed up. Wondering if there is a accurate way to measure somewhere that we can compare to people who haven’t loaded anything. By the way after cutting timbrens in half my smooth ride is back.

Will do, did you cut the Timbrens while in place, or did you remove them? Flagman

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Will do, did you cut the Timbrens while in place, or did you remove them? Flagman

I took them off put em in the vice and saw zawed them in half. I know it’s not ideal but I’m hoping it will be just enough to help a little with the loads I get here and there.