The Tune by SVC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First update. 50 miles at -4, 87 octane around town light to medium throttle so the truck can re-learn. Notes: it is smooth and so far the fuel mileage is lower (re-learning trans?). More to come after 100 miles

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Loaded my SVC tune today utilizing my iTSX. Will take her for a spin later today to compare to the 5* tunes I have been running.

I think you'll enjoy it a lot. I made the switch and haven't looked back. Solid all around tune...

caisaacson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm late to the party but I know someone has a quick answer for me. Can my Livewire TS be used to load The Tune in my truck or do I need to purchase a different unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm late to the party but I know someone has a quick answer for me. Can my Livewire TS be used to load The Tune in my truck or do I need to purchase a different unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That one will work fine...

Sent from a creepy white van with no windows...

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
87 tune -4 was smoth and seemed faster then stock on 87, then ran 93 for 100 miles on that tune and it ran even better. Then I changed the global spark to -0 to take advantage of the 93 octane. It was faster yet but what I like the best is the shifting is so smoth and I like that very much. I also notice that the truck is running better in all areas. In terms of comparing SVC and 5star I like both, 5star feels faster because the shifting is harsher, SVC has smother shifting but from what I can tell the performace is very similar between the two. I am comparing the standard tunes for my truck from each tuner, but what is great is that both companies are willing to modify their tunes to meet the needs of each customer so you can tweek it a little until it meets you expectations.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
87 tune -4 was smoth and seemed faster then stock on 87, then ran 93 for 100 miles on that tune and it ran even better. Then I changed the global spark to -0 to take advantage of the 93 octane. It was faster yet but what I like the best is the shifting is so smoth and I like that very much. I also notice that the truck is running better in all areas. In terms of comparing SVC and 5star I like both, 5star feels faster because the shifting is harsher, SVC has smother shifting but from what I can tell the performace is very similar between the two. I am comparing the standard tunes for my truck from each tuner, but what is great is that both companies are willing to modify their tunes to meet the needs of each customer so you can tweek it a little until it meets you expectations.

Great write up! Couldn't agree more that each tune excels in seperate areas depending on the driver and end user.

-J