The neighbor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I stopped to BS with the neighbor today. He was sitting in his Raptor as I drove up in mine, both white too. As I walked up I looked at his tires, Generals, all chewed up. I said damn you're hard on tires! He laughed and then said you can't believe how easily this thing just walks over big boulders!! Second thing he said "I love this truck!"

A little history: He has several thousand acres of rough mountain ground. He runs some cattle and he'll take that truck through anything. It's well pin striped!!! When I got mine in 2012 he was by and I showed it to him and he liked it. He'd been driving Broncos for years and wouldn't give them up because they'd go about anywhere and turn on a dime.

This truck replaced the Broncos and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't go back if he could. Neither of us "off road" but both of us do a lot of driving in tough conditions (Him a lot more than me). So, don't call our trucks street queens just because we don't "off road":ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I stopped to BS with the neighbor today. He was sitting in his Raptor as I drove up in mine, both white too. As I walked up I looked at his tires, Generals, all chewed up. I said damn you're hard on tires! He laughed and then said you can't believe how easily this thing just walks over big boulders!! Second thing he said "I love this truck!"

A little history: He has several thousand acres of rough mountain ground. He runs some cattle and he'll take that truck through anything. It's well pin striped!!! When I got mine in 2012 he was by and I showed it to him and he liked it. He'd been driving Broncos for years and wouldn't give them up because they'd go about anywhere and turn on a dime.

This truck replaced the Broncos and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't go back if he could. Neither of us "off road" but both of us do a lot of driving in tough conditions (Him a lot more than me). So, don't call our trucks street queens just because we don't "off road":ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

It does roll over big ass rocks pretty easy. The spill way in the Rubicon is a cake walk for the Raptor.

Screenshot2013-09-24at103316AM.jpg

SF2011_0065.jpg

It's much worse looking in person but I can walk it at about 10-15mph without issue.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dry side will more than likely be my retirement spot

OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Driving home last night just after dark and I see something in the road right by the neighbors driveway. Hit the brakes lightly and it's a NICE 5X5 white tail buck. Well, we were in an area with high banks on both side and the buck didn't know what it wanted to do so I just drove along slowly and he stayed just off my front fender and I was enjoying watching the big guy.

Up ahead I see head lights so I flashed my lights several times to warn the oncoming driver. The buck ran right up to his head lights (he was stopped by this time) and it finally decided to leave and jumped the fence since we were out of the banked area.

Then I notice the three clearance lights in the grill. The neighbor pulled up and asked "you hearding him home??". I said nope, just protecting your grill!! (he nailed one a couple weeks back and just got it fixed last week).