The Fast Lane Truck 2017 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't say one word about an aluminum Raptor does it?

I'll leave this here for you. Time for you to get an education if you expect to follow along:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tEqwXrqzH4

Well it's safe to say you are a true ass hat but we all already knew that. Such a shame someone like you could be a potential owner. If Mike Rowe supports it it must be amazing. You're such a tool it's not even funny.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tune that turbocharged v6 to keep up with a supercharged v8 and we'll see how long before you blow that engine up. I also read that the current ecoboost engines have major carbon build up issues around 100k. I have plenty of experience with turbocharged engines and I can say their longevity plays a big factor. Tuning them just makes it worse.

Ahh yes the carbon fouling issue. We've covered this in the past here, as well. This is the reason why BMW and Mercedes have been blowing walnut shells through their engines for decades. And now Ford is moving in that direction and these marketing hype followers think it's new "technology" the same way they think the body is "military grade". These are the same guys who used to brag about the horsepower per liter of their 17 second hondas.

Ecoboost. Why is it Eco-friendly? Because the squirrels love 'em!

enhanced-buzz-16108-1289424850-3.jpg

Hey, maybe that should be a new marketing campaign. Buy an Ecoboost, feed a squirrel.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's safe to say you are a true ass hat but we all already knew that. Such a shame someone like you could be a potential owner.

Another denier. Man how many are there to shoot down? I furnish factual materials, then I get personal insults. You have nothing. Well maybe a depreciating truck in your driveway but nonetheless...

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't say one word about an aluminum Raptor does it?

Since basic logic escapes you, I will try again using words you might understand (a "B302" analogy!)...

The Raptor is to F150 what "B302" is to Mustang. A trim level. Do you get it now? lol

The difference, though, is that the Raptor is a top trim level for the F150 and the "B302" is... a mistake.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh yes the carbon fouling issue. We've covered this in the past here, as well. This is the reason why BMW and Mercedes have been blowing walnut shells through their engines for decades. And now Ford is moving in that direction and these marketing hype followers think it's new "technology" the same way they think the body is "military grade". These are the same guys who used to brag about the horsepower per liter of their 17 second hondas.

Ecoboost. Why is it Eco-friendly? Because the squirrels love 'em!

enhanced-buzz-16108-1289424850-3.jpg

Hey, maybe that should be a new marketing campaign. Buy an Ecoboost, feed a squirrel.

Thats for the next owner to worry about. I should be ready for the Gen III by 60K or so....:lol2::owned2:

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well maybe a depreciating truck in your driveway but nonetheless...

That's not a fact.

I have been offered $500 more than what I paid for my truck (2.5 years, 10k miles, and even a minor fender bender that I never bothered to get fixed later). So it is currently not depreciating.

That's a fact.

Got any more "facts"?

By the way, what's your ugly ************* "B302" worth? lol

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since basic logic escapes you, I will try again using words you might understand (a "B302" analogy!)...

The Raptor is to F150 what "B302" is to Mustang. A trim level. Do you get it now? lol

The difference, though, is that the Raptor is a top trim level for the F150 and the "B302" is... a mistake.

But you didn't know if they were going to make one in the new aluminum at that time did you? Your argument is weak, it's weak. Do not take that sauce to the county fair....:troll3:

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another denier. Man how many are there to shoot down? I furnish factual materials, then I get personal insults. You have nothing. Well maybe a depreciating truck in your driveway but nonetheless...

Here you go again with you depreciating truck statement. Didn't buy mine with plans on selling. Only people like you do that. How's that boss 302 doing.... I actually love the car and almost bought a Laguna seca edition so I can't really rag on you for buying it. Grew up next to the actual track. Anyways look up the carbon issues.... That is a fact you seem to deny. But your statements are not insults to current owners? Trolling to a whole new level. Let me know how much it costs you to rebuild that ecoboost when the time comes.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats for the next owner to worry about. I should be ready for the Gen III by 60K or so....:lol2::owned2:

"owned"? Really? How?

I never said it happened at 100k. I have a neighbor who had to get the walnut shell treatment at 30k. It seems to be worse for people who do a lot of short local trips and who don't blow the carbon out the old fashioned way.

I actually hope this won't be an issue for Ford since, as I understand it, they are using a dual injection system (combined indirect and direct injection). But since you are a smart guy who talks in facts you knew all this, right?

lol

The real funny thing is that even though you didn't come here to learn about Raptors I am still schooling you.

lololololol