The Aftermath

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ruh roh....... dont worry. i hvae been stuck in the sand multiple times. the first 98k miles i had my truck, my 4wd broke every time i tried to use it. didnt stop me from playing in the sand. got stuck so many times. but maybe you should go into the back yard with a friend with another truck, you know, just in case you get stuck. looks like a long haul to get home. dont want you withering away while waiting for some support.

oh, and my glass house shattered long ago. haha.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
My last Ram would get stuck on the slightest muddy incline in 4wd, until you turned off the traction control. I don't know if the traction control was too sensitive on that particular truck, or if that was the norm. First time, I dicked around for about 10 minutes rocking, etc. Then I pushed the magic button and rolled right out of the little ditch. lol

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, congrats on being one of the few to actually tell about the stuff we ALL do! Man I have run out of space in the garage but I would love to have an SXS. I have access to lots of riding areas and sand not too far away but no room to keep one that's convenient.

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're going to like the X3. I took 72" '19 XRS turbo R out to Rally Ready (a local off road track) yesterday; since I've gotten it, the raptor has turned into a national parks primitive roads exploration vehicle and the X3 is the closed course rip vehicle. The rap has a permanent place in my fleet (excellent for my various outdoors hobbies), but X3 is a totally different level when it comes to high speed offroading, as it should be given it's a purpose built vehicle. >TRX power to weight ratio, except with the suspension and drivetrain to match.

@those considering getting one: the X3 is basically the result of me loving the raptor, immediately calculating the cost of turning it into a proper pre-runner, and then renting an XRS turbo R in moab after doing the raptor asault.

also saw a guy in a gen2 SCAB out doing proper raptor things.

@smurfslayer have you made it out to Rally Ready yet?

Last edited:

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been called worse than an idiot, LOL! Congrats on the X3! I own 2 X3 XRS's, a 17 and 19. Let me be the first to tell you to set up your suspension. You can do a couple of different things, look up the Fox tune, or go big with a shock tuner. Right now you're looking parallel to the ground. Even on the DS, you should be about 16" or so ground clearance.

Couple of other hints / tips, all X3s are know for suspect / weak front ends. Needed items are front end gusset kit, shock brace, and lower a arms. Best place for OEM parts is Rocky Mountain ATV. Make sure you have the clutch spreader tool in your glove box, if not contact the dealer. Buy a couple of 652 belts from RM, and learn how to change them in your garage, so you don't run into issues when riding. Blow a belt, and you don't have a spare, you'll be stranded.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Appreciate all the support, men. Just took it out of trailer. Can’t seem to remember you have to buckle seatbelt or it doesn’t go over 15 mph. Few more pics.

View attachment 157451
What is the thing with small tires parked in front of it?