The Aftermath

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm somewhat of a self-deprecating guy. What's that mean, some of you Neanderthals ask?

It means I don't hesitate to recognize and admit my faults. And holy shit, I've got a few.

Let he who lives in a glass house cast the first stone.

In my case, you cannot teach a superannuated canine innovative maneuver. At least not easily.

In 2017 I entered the wonderful world of trucks by purchasing a black Raptor.

I promptly got it stuck and had to get pulled out by towtruck.

IN MY OWN BACKYARD!!!

One would think one would learn from that and not repeat the mistakes of the past. One would think.

So Friday I traded in my 2020 Can-Am Outlander 1000R XT-P for a Can-Am Maverick X3 X DX Turbo RR, a friggin beast I tell ya. (Pics to follow)

I traveled about 100 miles to the Jersey Shore to the only place that had one in stock.

Four hours later, after negotiating on my trade, catching the finance guy in a 1500 error in HIS favor, after he gleefully tells me my credit is great and he got me approved by Citibank at 7.99 percent and I told him don't utter another word. You're an ******* if you think I'm taking that rate. Contact Sheffield Financial and get me 3.8, which he then did, I drove it home in my 16' ATC trailer.

It was a torrential downpour that night into half the next day. I finally took it out and went ripping through my measly 2.5 acre property.

Put it back in trailer (this was yesterday) and planned to go to Lost Trails ATV Park in PA today.

So last night, what do I do? I drive the trailer into my backyard (where it sits mired in quicksand today) and get it and my truck stuck. AGAIN!!! I have MaxTrax that I bought for my trip last year to Moab. Never used them. Wheels spun on them. Dug, spun. Dug, spun.

Finally it dawned on me to put it in deep sand and snow mode and they grabbed the trax and I got the truck out. No way I was moving that damn trailer, because of course I didn't unload the 1500 pound UTV.

So, there you have it. Yeah, I'm an idiot. But hey, at least I admit it.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's that mean, some of you Neanderthals ask?

That's the nicest thing anyone has called me today. Thanks. :) I hate mud. Just hate it. A friend and I spent 5 hours going 50 feet once, in driving sleet. What a party. If there isn't room to get the UTV off, you could jack up the trailer and toss some plywood sheets under the wheels ...

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure we have all had "stuck" moments that were very embarrassing, I know I have.

Those Can-Am's are super badass, but so darn expensive. Enjoy!

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But...other than all that you had a lot of fun, right? :D I keep my landscape trailer, that I use for stuff like that, tucked into a tree line on the one side of my property. If I know I'll be needing it I need to plan ahead and pull it over to the driveway/parking area when it's not all soppy wet, or I would end up in the same mess.

Nice Can-Am!

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it rained like a bastard for several days out here. Looks like the trailer is at an angle, likely not helping on extraction attempts. ATV looks like a beast, have fun with it.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pickup. I was looking into that but decided to go with a Yamaha yxz100r ss se. I always had problems with my rzr belt because of the CVT so that’s want kept me from going X3 turbo RR.

side by sides are expensive but let’s be honest, any grow up toy is expensive lol

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
4WD, AWD mean you can go a little further than 2WD until you get stuck. I’ve been looking at UTV’s lately too. There are higher priorities, but that hasn’t stopped me from looking.

RaptorAddict1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@MDJAK How do you like the x3? I have a 19 Rzr Turbo S and love it but wonder how it compares to the x3. The can ams are bad ass! I’ve had several renegades over the years and they make one hell of a machine!