Technology Package worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to see distance controlled out to 10 seconds. It crowds you too close unless you are playing car wars. On a rural road at 55 it would be nice to be backed off far enough to look around a bit

10 seconds at 55 mph is like 800 ft. That's insane. Every time they went around a slight corner it would lose them and speed up only to brake almost immediately after coming around the corner.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I said give me the chance to set it were I wanted. If you want to be a proctologist then go for it. I have not developed a taste for it yet

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I said give me the chance to set it were I wanted. If you want to be a proctologist then go for it. I have not developed a taste for it yet

You can change the sensitivity...And the furthest setting is so far back that numerous people would cut in front of you, so I think a further setting would be somewhat pointless to your average person, but I understand your liking for it.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are on a rural road with 2 or 3 vehicles per mile why do you need to bunch them up? Who is going to cut in on you if there is nobody around? Accident avoidance is distance that gives you time to react. I do not want to be a 300 feet behind somebody at 50 mph if I can avoid it

Last edited:

rollsroy

Reaction score
Ended up adding the technology package. My final build is below. I opted out of the moonroof as I live in Southern California and never use it in any of my cars.

• Shadow Black
  • 802A
  • Technology Package
  • Carbon Fiber
  • Beadlock Wheels
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Heated 2nd Row Seats
  • Tailgate Step
  • Spray-In Liner

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, one 'nice to have' advantage of the tech package is the interior rear view mirror cover. (Not that that feature alone is worth $2k, but it does give that area a more finished look.)

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tech was on my "must have" list
802A
Tech
Sunroof
Applique

Anything "safety", I'll take! :D If it helps me avoid an incident, gives me better situational awareness or reduces workload - I'LL TAKE IT. :D

Only had the truck a week but adaptive cruise is FANTASTIC! :D

TKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up adding the technology package. My final build is below. I opted out of the moonroof as I live in Southern California and never use it in any of my cars.

• Shadow Black
  • 802A
  • Technology Package
  • Carbon Fiber
  • Beadlock Wheels
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Heated 2nd Row Seats
  • Tailgate Step
  • Spray-In Liner
I live in SoCal too. I used to have sunroofs in all my cars, then stopped due to me rarely using. I can tell you that I am SUPER happy I did a sunroof on the G2. Totally changes the interior feel of the truck. It is huge and every single passenger raves about it. Resale value may pay a price without it too. Save some $ on the heated wheel and get the roof.

rollsroy

Reaction score
I live in SoCal too. I used to have sunroofs in all my cars, then stopped due to me rarely using. I can tell you that I am SUPER happy I did a sunroof on the G2. Totally changes the interior feel of the truck. It is huge and every single passenger raves about it. Resale value may pay a price without it too. Save some $ on the heated wheel and get the roof.

Money wasn't really the deciding factor in not getting it. I have multiple cars with Pano/Dual moonroofs and I actually dislike it because even with the shade closed it's a giant heat magnifier that makes it very uncomfortable to drive in the summer.

No moonroof means extra couple inches of headroom and a stiffer chassis with less chance of road noise and leaks in the future.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Money wasn't really the deciding factor in not getting it. I have multiple cars with Pano/Dual moonroofs and I actually dislike it because even with the shade closed it's a giant heat magnifier that makes it very uncomfortable to drive in the summer.

No moonroof means extra couple inches of headroom and a stiffer chassis with less chance of road noise and leaks in the future.

agreed, i would prefer to do a moonroof delete for the same reason. have had to do rust fighting on moonroofs ive never used in cars before. however the dual pano moonroof on the raptor had me interested, so i ended up getting it.