Technology Package worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big Sunroof guy but it seems to really help come resale time... I typically buy a new truck every few years. Buying one without may ADD COST on the backend. ;)

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big Sunroof guy but it seems to really help come resale time... I typically buy a new truck every few years. Buying one without may ADD COST on the backend. ;)

Agreed. The dual panel moonroof seems to be a very desirable / sought after option among gen 2s.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For sure. I've been through a number of vehicles, and especially when you cross the $50,000 threshold, options can be key for resale--especially sunroof/moonroof.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the airplane world if you don't buy all of the options from the factory resale is where you lose the money... I imagine it will work similar with this high-end truck.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lot of optimism here

A five year old truck with a creaking roof not going to get a premium

Look at the regular F150 forums and see the cracking popping issues starting to happen on the 2015s not to mention the leaks

The dual panel isn't well designed for a truck

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my Loaded '13 FX4 Ecoboost cost 40K after XPlan and the other rebates. I drove it for 4 years/ 55K and got 27K trade (carmax was the same). 13K for 55k miles of use tells me I bought a truck that's a popular for resale. Sunroof and the rest of the truck was solid... I'm not scared. ;) FORD builds good trucks. :biggrin:

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adaptive Cruise control

Should I add the Tech Pack? I am only really interested in the Adaptive Cruise control. For those of you with experience using he adaptive cruise, is it worth it?

Adaptive Cruise control is the only thing i can see, the auto lights, wipers aren't for me, I didn't get the tech package and passed on ACC also, just wouldn't use it hardly at all.

rollsroy

Reaction score
Again, to me the extra couple inches of headroom, more solid chassis, and less heat coming into my cabin far outweighs having a sunroof. I think people will be surprised how many people will not want a Raptor with a sunroof especially since almost everyone is getting them and it will be even more rare to find one without.