Tailgate - does this look normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP77

Reaction score
Like others stated, lithium grease.

Had a shop install a tail/blinker/stop light combo and they had removed my tailgate to remove the bracket that I believe keeps the tailgate from slamming side to side when off-roading. Thay had to get that bracket of to be able to install the light.

Anyways my tailgate now clicks whenever I open or close it and I'm positive it's on the right side.

Not sure what would cause this but I'll have to probably take off the tailgate to see what's going on.
Do you have the tailgate assist? Likely the shop misrouted the wire loom and the pistol and arm hit it. Easy fix to move or pull away with with a zip tie.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Do you have the tailgate assist? Likely the shop misrouted the wire loom and the pistol and arm hit it. Easy fix to move or pull away with with a zip tie.

Yes I do, I looked at it once when I had the right taillight out and didn't notice anything but I'll have to check again.