Tail gate step - really necessary?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the step. I can see 60 from here, and in a few years I'm likely to LOVE the step. I don't like the pole, though.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm still surprised at this question. How else do people get in and out of the Raptor bed without climbing? If you carry anything in the bed that's not within the last foot (at the end), you're gonna wish you had it.

And whomever said it paid for itself in one day is right on target - it's easy to do if you have to get in and out of the bed. :birgits_tiredcoffee

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
20 years ago I could've took it or left it. Now I consider it a necessity. I'm not as spry as I once was.

Ranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was on the fence, then ordered it anyway. When you are spending 50 grand, what's an extra 300 bucks? I can honestly say it's the best $300 I ever spent. The wife says it's her favorite option. Do it.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Yep, I thought it was silly at first. Now after getting ready for the Raptor Run. It is great! My 5'4" wife can help me load and unload the truck now..

-Greg

Yeah, I don't really need it since I'll just hop up in there, but it would have been really great to have for my wife. I might have looked for a truck with one knowing what I know now. If it was just me driving it though, I'd skip it for sure.

raccol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just getting the final details done prior to ordering my SVT this week. Is the Tailgate step really necessary? I haul a lot of stuff in the back of my trucks and if it is something helpful I will add it, but I wanted to know the opinions of people that actually have it, not just the dealership.
My wife likes it. So yes, it's necessary.