SVC WHIPPLE Supercharger Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What are the requirements for installation?
What are recommended upgrades for the engine?

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

You need to double that at least.
I have that; no longer need the cash for the 17 :(

mike.s

Reaction score
What are the requirements for installation?
What are recommended upgrades for the engine?

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

I have that; no longer need the cash for the 17 :(
There weren't any requirements when I got my Whipple installed. As far as recommended upgrades, driveshaft and oil pump gears are some things to consider.

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

And I would recommend the upgraded heat exchanger if it gets hot where you live or if you ever take it offroad.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There weren't any requirements when I got my Whipple installed. As far as recommended upgrades, driveshaft and oil pump gears are some things to consider.

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

And I would recommend the upgraded heat exchanger if it gets hot where you live or if you ever take it offroad.
My question is: can the installation be performed by the customer or is there a requirement that it is a certified shop.
Our Leeann showed us that a upgraded drive shaft should be highly recommended.
As to the oil pump gears; could you elaborate?
Is there a need to upgrade the fuel pump?
Anything else?
Thanks in advance!

colorado raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To make use of the whipple powertrain warranty a certified installer has to put it on. I think if you are under 50k miles the warranty is a extra cost option.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
PropDr, you've been around on the forums a while,
you haven't read the 100's of post on Oil Pump Gears and pushing really big power? 550+ rwhp
Last count I have is 13-15 blown oil pump gears. Not every one is on the forums. Most are in Dubai beating that crap out of them in the sand.
Even with the Tunes getting better and putting less stress on the gears, "Do you want to take that chance?"
If the oil pump gears shatter/explode while under full pull the motor will cease!!!! It's not just a matter of replacing the gears!
Newer engines like the 6.2L are built with very tight tolerances, it doesn't take long for the motor to cease without oil.

Unless your trying to get a vendor to state it's not necessary,
I don't believe anyone would state that.
I do believe the chances of something happing is very slim to none if you stick to your Tuners recommendations.
Even with thousands of Whippled Raptors that have not done the oil pump there are just fine! Their also not pushing the HP.

Livernois has been using the fuel pump upgrade for their builds for years now.
The stock fuel pump is good for 550 rwhp with a good Tune. After that fuel starvation kicks in.
B.A.P is a cheaper fix, most Drag Strip Mustangs do both Pump and B.A.P. or dual pumps and a dual B.A.P. unit.
And also their doing a return fuel system setup.
But we're talking much higher HP levels.

Driveshaft and springs is a must. IMHO
Wheel Hop/Axle Wrap, is the big problem with all that HP.
Hell even NA Raptor can tear the rear universal out of the driveshaft with enough axle wrap.

Can't go wrong with Axle Exchange's Driveshaft it has a great track record.
Quite a few of us on this forum are running it.
And is sold by a few vendors here on the forum.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my dealer that installed the Whipple install both oil and fuel pumps, wasn't cheap! LOL
Between the parts, labor and TAX your looking at around $2,500
I've heard some are getting just the oil pump done for around $1,000

Last edited: