Supercharged 6.2 VS Twin Turbo Ecoboost Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! You really do hate anything without a V8. Taking the v6 out of a GN would be sacrilegious.

I know it, but my lowly ol' pick-up truck doubles it in horsepower (...and weight).

Look, there's some solid turbo V6 collectables out there. I used to drool over the Cyclone back in the day. It is kinda neat to see baby motors make big power. But when your ready to get serious...

I just think it's ridiculous for Ford to make it the only option for the Raptor. I am convinced they could have twin turb'd a V8, made more power AND got better fuel mileage than the eco while doing it.

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just think it's ridiculous for Ford to make it the only option for the Raptor. I am convinced they could have twin turb'd a V8, made more power AND got better fuel mileage than the eco while doing it.

Exactly , I like the Gen 2 , but its not the total package . It has the looks , the suspension , interior , speed . ECOBoost was the wrong choice for a Raptor. It just doesn't sound right , Raptor Ranger it would be the perfect engine. How many mustang GTs would they sell if they only had a ECOBoost. I'm not a ecoboost hater , I own a 14 Tremor that's modded.

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly , I like the Gen 2 , but its not the total package . It has the looks , the suspension , interior , speed . ECOBoost was the wrong choice for a Raptor. It just doesn't sound right , Raptor Ranger it would be the perfect engine. How many mustang GTs would they sell if they only had a ECOBoost. I'm not a ecoboost hater , I own a 14 Tremor that's modded.

Ditto. I think the 3.5 eco would have made a neat option for the Raptor. Just not the only option.

I really like the look of the new trucks, and I love the orange trimmed interior option, heated rear seats, large moon roof, Sync 3, etc.... But just not gonna dump my 6.2 for a 3.5.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So many gen1 owners have traded their trucks in at the dealerships to buy the gen2, I use to never hardly see used gen1’s sitting in lots for sale and in the last year I’ve started seeing them popping up. I loved my gen1 and do miss it myself but being honest about the whole gen1 vs gen2 thing. The gen2 is just alot better than my gen1 and This is to be expected. It is the newer model, just like with most other vehicles, improvements and better capabilities happen so we buy new and better. I love my new desktop computer I just built, it’s top notch but in a year or 2 there will be something that comes out better, faster and I will upgrade it also.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

The gen1 v8 can produce more power with upgrades than the gen2 v6 will ever be able to do. This is just how it is, both are great and fun to drive. I will surely get the gen3 when it comes out one day because it will undoubtably be better than my gen 2.. it’s just how it is , nothing to complain about or cry about.

D

Deleted member 17706

So many gen1 owners have traded their trucks in at the dealerships to buy the gen2, I use to never hardly see used gen1’s sitting in lots for sale and in the last year I’ve started seeing them popping up. I loved my gen1 and do miss it myself but being honest about the whole gen1 vs gen2 thing. The gen2 is just alot better than my gen1 and This is to be expected. It is the newer model, just like with most other vehicles, improvements and better capabilities happen so we buy new and better. I love my new desktop computer I just built, it’s top notch but in a year or 2 there will be something that comes out better, faster and I will upgrade it also.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

The gen1 v8 can produce more power with upgrades than the gen2 v6 will ever be able to do. This is just how it is, both are great and fun to drive. I will surely get the gen3 when it comes out one day because it will undoubtably be better than my gen 2.. it’s just how it is , nothing to complain about or cry about.

The comfort features are nice in the Gen 2. Furthermore, I will concede that the Gen 2 looks better than the Gen 1. However, I drive a Raptor for the powertrain. I do not drive one for its luxury features. That's why they make Tesla's, Porsche's, and Mercedes.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not tracking you on that statement. The power train in my gen 1 and my current gen 2 were/are great. My current gen 2,if anything is better and definitely more powerful. Not that my old truck was bad or under powered at all. I just owned both and given my first hand knowledge of the two. Unless there is some fault in the power train system that I’m currently not aware of. I think there is two different attitudes of raptor owners when seeing other raptor owners driving down the road. Guys like me see a raptor, whether it’s a gen 1 or a gen 2 and say that’s a bad ass truck. And then there’s the ones that just hate that a newer improved model was produced and sold and when they see a gen2 looking great and powerful as all hell they get some other kind of feeling inside them. That is just made up of jealousy or envy, or just douchebagness running through their veins. Lol.. you just gotta ask yourself at some point what do I feel. See what you come up with.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

I do not know what you edited in your post, but when I liked your post, it did not contain what you have now.

It is not hard to track what I wrote. You stated, "The gen1 v8 can produce more power with upgrades than the gen2 v6 will ever be able to do." As a result, I stated "I drive a Raptor for the powertrain." It is pretty simple. As you noted above, a V8 has a lot more potential than a V6. I am not sure what the problem is.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I gotcha now, yea if mod both the v6 will blow up trying to match the hp that v8 can be setup at. I think the 600 hp range is probably bout all I would want a gen2 v6 to ever get up to. I’m sure one could get more but i doubt it would last very long