Stupid fob/tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's already set up like that from the factory.

If its already setup to be two pushes of that button AND the tailgate only goes down when car is stopped, are you sure you aren't overthinking this? Seems like the tailgate doesn't flop open accidentally unless in rare circumstances such as having other items in the fob and sticking it in a tight jeans pocket, etc.

OP
OP
foo.c

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its setup to be two pushes of that button, AND the tailgate only goes down when car is stopped, are you sure you aren't overthinking this? Seems like tailgate doesn't flop open unless in rare circumstances such as having other items in the fob and sticking it in a tight jeans pocket, etc.

I'm sure.

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This function is the first thing I disabled via FORScan. I'm trying to think of a single situation that I need to remote drop the tailgate. I can think of a LOT of times when it would be a bad idea.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an unintentional tailgate release the other day. I had parked my truck on the street the day before and when I went out the next morning, first thing I saw was my tailgate down. I panicked a little thinking someone had messed w/my truck and quickly checked the front grills to make sure my light bars were still there. The key fob must have accidentally gotten pressed when I unloaded my mountain bike the day before and threw the keys in my camelback. I don't have forscan to disable this feature, but will have to figure something out, cuz I don't want my tailgate to get ripped off! I looked on the earlier ebay link for a fob w/out the release button, but they are out of stock right now.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This function is the first thing I disabled via FORScan. I'm trying to think of a single situation that I need to remote drop the tailgate. I can think of a LOT of times when it would be a bad idea.

I love this feature. I am often walking up to the car with a 100 lb golden retriever on a leash, and stuff in my hands. Having the tailgate remotely open is nice, as I can put stuff away and load up the dog without having to stop and readjust anything.

So far I haven't had the tailgate open on me unexpectedly.