Stubby Antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For improved reception it says to insert completely into **** prior to mounting. Has anyone tried this and can confirm if this works?

This definitely works. You have to let it set for at least 30 minutes though. If you can jog around a bit then you only need 20 minutes. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khilborn

Reaction score
Yes, you'll have to tune it. If you go into your radio page, select settings, then hold the 7 and 8 key while simultaneously pressing the heated steering wheel button it will let you into the engineering menu. Once you're there you'll want to scroll to option 6 - maintenance/dealer functions and then down to option 8-calibrate new antenna. It will prompt your for a length as well as the calibration number that came on the small pink sticker that was on the package. Enter that, and it'll auto tune. Piece of cake.

Could this be the reason why people are having reception problem, no calibrating the new antenna?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Could this be the reason why people are having reception problem, no calibrating the new antenna?

Yes it definitely would cause that. If your radio thinks it is still receiving signals on a large antenna and you introduce an uncalibrated stubby into the mix, the band pass filters will not be properly adjusted. This results in a good portion of the radio wavelength being filtered out and the resulting degraded signal will cause what sounds like poor radio reception.

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine auto calibrated after the swap. Message popped up on the nav screen.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it definitely would cause that. If your radio thinks it is still receiving signals on a large antenna and you introduce an uncalibrated stubby into the mix, the band pass filters will not be properly adjusted. This results in a good portion of the radio wavelength being filtered out and the resulting degraded signal will cause what sounds like poor radio reception.

Do you still need to calibrate if you have upgraded the bypass on the spitzer valve to ball bearings?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Do you still need to calibrate if you have upgraded the bypass on the spitzer valve to ball bearings?

That depends on the type of lubricant you used on them. The drag coefficient could be affected and require a dealer visit to reset the bypass...

BigDeaner

Reaction score
I plan on wiring mine to the flux capacitor. Everything I've read says it increases the reception quality of the stubby back to OEM specs.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When removing stock and inserting stubby a lil boost helps, try one of these before inserting.

Fhttp://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=auto+antenna+booster&isNewKw=1&isRefine=true&mfs=KWCLK&acimp=0&_trksid=p2056088.m2428.l1311.R1.TR11.TRC2.Xauto+antenna&sqp=auto+antenna