Steering wheel Pop / Snap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L-SCHLEGS

Reaction score
Hey guys. New to this forum. I’ve got a 2023. 2,000 miles on it. Since I got it, the steering wheel will make an intermittent pop or snap when going at in town speeds when coming back to center or making turns. It happens at random but it’s REALLY getting on my nerves. I’ve made a video. Any idea what this could be? Of course the dealer has to have the technician in the vehicle and I couldnt make it happen while there. But of course on the drive home, pop!!! ANY ideas would be amazing.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I can see how that would be annoying. It's not a problem I've seen here before on FRF. Might be work checking out the F150Gen14 forum. I'm wondering if its your clockspring....

OP
OP
L

L-SCHLEGS

Reaction score
Yeah I can see how that would be annoying. It's not a problem I've seen here before on FRF. Might be work checking out the F150Gen14 forum. I'm wondering if its your clockspring....

It’s always just a single pop. Then could go for miles before it does it again. I thought the typical clock spring was more clicks and not as “snap” like. Idk. I’m about to sell the damn thing if I can’t figure it out. Driving me crazy.

JDMCTR00

Reaction score
I'm going for the clock spring/turn signal cancelation mechanism. This video should be some evidence for the dealer to look into it. Does your turn signal switch/handle ever feel like it's hard to manually turn off after use? There have been many issues with the turn signal switch/handle being very hard to manually cancel. Personally, I would go on a drive with the tech until it does it again.

OP
OP
L

L-SCHLEGS

Reaction score
I'm going for the clock spring/turn signal cancelation mechanism. This video should be some evidence for the dealer to look into it. Does your turn signal switch/handle ever feel like it's hard to manually turn off after use? There have been many issues with the turn signal switch/handle being very hard to manually cancel. Personally, I would go on a drive with the tech until it does it again.
Turn signal seems to feel great and no loud canceling. I’m so frustrated over this hahahaha

JDMCTR00

Reaction score
I heard they have been having some issues with the clock spring on trucks. How many times after this video has it done it?