SPV Rigid Fog light install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
T
99.9% on road use. I don't really ever use them driving around unless it's foggy/rainy/etc. I don't remember ever being flashed for having them on. I did my best to copy the factory alignment, so that may have something to do with it. They just be aimed low enough.
Thank you very much. I ordered a set after speaking with Sidney! Wonderful vender to work with. Thank you for posting this! It got me to buy a set!

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
T

Thank you very much. I ordered a set after speaking with Sidney! Wonderful vender to work with. Thank you for posting this! It got me to buy a set!
Thanks, Don! I really appreciate you allowing us to earn your business!

Please feel free to save my number in your phone. It's my direct line, so you can call or text me anytime you have questions or need help with anything.

Cheers!
Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I received my kit, thank you. Going to do the install my new SR-M pro's later today. Is there is a mount I can buy to turn my OEM fogs that I am removing to use them as reverse lights? @Specialtyperformanceparts

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus! These little SM-R Pros are BRIGHT! I highly doubt I will be able to get away with using them when driving. I cant wait to blast a Prius or Tesla that drives below speed limit in the fast lane. Good lord they are bright!

low beams.
IMG_0158.jpg

Low beams with fogs on.
IMG_0159.jpg
Low Beams/ Fogs and SR-M Pro driving lights on
IMG_0160.jpg

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I just went for a drive. My pics are a bad example now that Ive used them on the road! Wow, big difference!

First impression, there is no way I can get away using these on the road with on coming traffic. They are almost as bright as driving around with your head beams on. Difference I could see was SR-M spread is all over and about 10% less bright on the long distance signs the light would reflect off vs high beams.

These will be very useful for off-roading. And extra lighting when needed. But unless I need to lower mine some more. Id say there is no way to use these and get away with it on the road.

I also raised my stock fogs up a hair. That actually made a nice difference too.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I received my kit, thank you. Going to do the install my new SR-M pro's later today. Is there is a mount I can buy to turn my OEM fogs that I am removing to use them as reverse lights? @Specialtyperformanceparts
Unfortunately, the way those OEM lights were made means they cannot be repurposed in any way outside of those housings. Ford had Rigid make those to be specifically mountable within those housings and nowhere else. They don't even have actual mounting points on them other than how they sit in the housings.
We get asked this question a lot, and believe me, if there was a way to make that work, we would have done it for sure. Unfortunately, it's just not possible, though. :(

I am so glad you love your replacement lights, though! They look great!
Please don't hesitate to call or text me if I can ever help with anything else.

Thanks again for allowing us to earn your business!

-Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778
[email protected]

77Raptor

Reaction score
Feel free to reach out to me if you want any help or if you have questions. I am more than happy to help in any way I can.
My name is Sidney, and my direct line is (317) 934-6778.
You can call or text me at that number.
In short, it is plug-n-play and a very simple install. The Driving lights are the most powerful/brightest of the options you can put in there. They're a little more expensive than the Flood or the Spot, but they are absolutely worth it.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if I can help in any way. :)
Just so I'm sure I'm understanding this all correctly, the SR-M Driving lights (SKU: 912313-0-21rpt-106) are NOT the same as the SR-M Driving lights (M-15200-RDL) listed here on Ford Performance's website that people have been using their Ford points to purchase, correct?

The ones in this FP listing show two bulbs, but are described as "SR-M Driving lights", but don't have the 3 bulbs that SPF's website or the pictures on this thread shows on these SR-M Driving lights. Or are they both "SR-M Driving lights" but the @Specialtyperformanceparts ones are a higher light output? And the SPV Parts SR-M Driving lights can't be installed without that entire kit that has the additional brackets and such, if I'm swapping them out for the existing inner lights? If they can be, what's the listing for just the lights themselves?

I don't want to mount a ton of lights to my truck, and I want to maintain the Rigid brand lights as I like the clean OEM look AND I swapped over a set of Rigid D-SS Pro Side Shooter Spot Light A-pillar lights from our Jeep, so I'm already ~$400 invested in Rigid. But I'd also like to get the most most light possible when replacing those inner fogs.

Last edited: