Speed limiter 107mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just Google
On car high speed tire or wheel balancing

there's plenty of YouTube videos too for those of you who haven't seen it.

This would also help the guys with G2 tire vibration issues.

Road Force balancing is better than standard spin balancing, but not because of rotational speed. It accounts for the deflection of the tire under load. And it's not done on the car. There is no advantage to balance a tire on the vehicle for any vehicle built in the last 20 years. As for vibration at speed, that is a exponential increase the effects of a tire not balanced properly. As the speed increases the harmonic vibration will increase exponentially. If the tire is properly balanced (even on a standard spin balancer that runs up to 30mph) there should be no harmonics, and thus will not vibrate at high speed.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Road Force balancing is better than standard spin balancing, but not because of rotational speed. It accounts for the deflection of the tire under load. And it's not done on the car. There is no advantage to balance a tire on the vehicle for any vehicle built in the last 20 years. As for vibration at speed, that is a exponential increase the effects of a tire not balanced properly. As the speed increases the harmonic vibration will increase exponentially. If the tire is properly balanced (even on a standard spin balancer that runs up to 30mph) there should be no harmonics, and thus will not vibrate at high speed.

How you and silver only balance tires
https://youtu.be/KB1Xu6Zr_KE

Hate to bust your bubble

How Lamborghini speed balances on vehicle
https://youtu.be/Ezg2L3gJ8aI

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/KB1Xu6Zr_KE

Hate to bust your bubble

https://youtu.be/Ezg2L3gJ8aI

Completely unnecessary. Lambo also charges ~$3K for a carbon fiber cup holder. Also pointless. I wouldn't base decisions on what they do.

Computer spin balancing with Roadforce is just as accurate.

We aren't talking about extended runs at 200+mph. An even if we were, I'd still take a spin balance over an on car high speed balance. Tires are made of bonded rubber and synthetics. The bonding agents start to break down at high heat. The longer you run them at speed the more heat the tire generates, and the more life you take from the tire. Lambo just cost the owner a couple thousand miles off those tires. And I'd bet if they balanced them off the car on a Roadforce spin balancer they wouldn't find any difference.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Completely unnecessary. Lambo also charges ~$3K for a carbon fiber cup holder. Also pointless. I wouldn't base decisions on what they do.

Computer spin balancing with Roadforce is just as accurate.

We aren't talking about extended runs at 200+mph. An even if we were, I'd still take a spin balance over an on car high speed balance. Tires are made of bonded rubber and synthetics. The bonding agents start to break down at high heat. The longer you run them at speed the more heat the tire generates, and the more life you take from the tire. Lambo just cost the owner a couple thousand miles off those tires. And I'd bet if they balanced them off the car on a Roadforce spin balancer they wouldn't find any difference.

Ford charges $2k for 4 vinyl stickers!

Remoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't get over 100mph, and my radar detector shows my speed and i'm dead at exactly 100mph. I dont get that bonus 8 mph

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hate to bust your bubble

I work in car shops as a consultant since 2006, including several Lamborghini and other high line brand shops. I’ve never seen them balance tires like that, they use the same Hunter road force equipment that the rest of the dealers use. They may indeed be capable of balancing like that, but my cumulative day count in just Lamborghini shops over 14 years exceeds 75 days and I’ve never seen it, so if they do it it’s rare.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
anyone waning to go over 100 mph in Raptor has a serious death wish.