Sooo, headers will be roughly a $2500 endeavor, should I?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghost rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We do offer Free installation for Military members! Let me know if this is of interest to you and i can give you a quote. Have you thought about Stainless Power? We are running a special on them right now.

Stainless Power is that something different then your other headers?

AH424

Reaction score
My last truck was a black SCREW- 6.2L with Roush Supercharger and corsa exhaust.

I went with the SW 1 7/8" headers and LOVED them. I went with the ceramic coating and never had a problem with the heat but I don't think I ran her as hard as some others on the this forum...

I would definitely recommend the 1 7/8" with the SC but I can't speak to the NA setup as well as others.

I needed to have the tune adjusted slightly after the install- not sure if that was because of my previous tune, the SC application or what but it definitely ran better (better throttle response and low end torque) after another $400 of tuning/tinkering.

Just something to consider when planning the costs.

quicksinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have SW long tubes and have had em on for about 4 years now. Pretty penny after the cost of the install. If I could do it again I wouldn't do it. I'd spend the money elsewhere. But my modding days have dwindled as I get older. I will say that every single time I start my raptor, and I mean every time, I can't help but grin. The sound is effin amazing with the old school 50 series flowmasters.

So I guess if you got the cash laying around and the ultimate sound is what you want over anything else, then do it. But if your wants are elsewhere then don't

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, if I am super charged with a LDM tune and the Roush exhaust, what advantage do I get from adding headers? Just a but more power?

39Mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So paying for the price of the headers ($1600), ceramic coating ($450) and install ($250) plus tax and other stuff for headers I am asking myself if I should pull the trigger or not.

The truck is fun as hell with a corsa cat back, intake and SVC tune, but like most on here, I am a firm believer in more is better.

I was saving for s SC, but my wife will never let me spend $7500++ on one, so this is my form of a "compromise"

Now the question, is it worth it? Please those with SW headers chime in on your thoughts of "before" and "after".....

Simple answer for those considering it, NO unless you are adding a supercharger at some date. These modular engines flow pretty well on stock exhaust manifolds and adding headers don't improve much unless you add a blower then headers really wake it up