New Member, Massachusetts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dleclerc27

Reaction score
Edit: Woah, am I sorry about not including a picture to prove that I am not a sentient Prius. Nothing special going on with this beast (visually) yet, save for a flooded Rigid light that they are replacing - came on the truck. Excited to be part of the forums, the community has been funny and helpful. Thanks for giving me crap already. Here she is, unwashed!

Hey everyone - checking in here, bought a relatively low-mileage 2018 802A Raptor in September - needed a little more carrying capacity than my Grand Cherokee and MAN OH MAN I will never look back. I was hesitant to fall into the Dad-with-truck trope, but I now feel bad for not doing it earlier. Guess the next moves are a cell phone holster on the belt, cargo shorts, and white New Balance shoes. Maybe I'll mix in some yelling at the kids on the street and unnecessary lawn care.

Anyways, it's been great so far - I got the Cobb Accessport and TCM, and had GooseTuned added in there as a new map. Replaced the stock BOV with the TurboSmart Em-Vee, obviously for purely mechanical reasons. Next up is the Cobb higher-mounted Cobb Intercooler and a follow-up re-Goosing. He was the best to work with, you don't find that customer service anywhere. I also recently had some chattering under heavier braking at speeds, so I put in Hawk pads, greased and cleaned everything else and am hoping that bedding the pads in is eventually going to reduce that chatter. Seems to be getting better, rotors look fine, so it's a bit of weird troubleshooting at this point (always open to suggestions!). Good to get back on a forum, hope to be of some help to someone at some point down the road. -DL

Attachments

• IMG_6995.jpeg
    IMG_6995.jpeg
    373.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6996.jpeg
    IMG_6996.jpeg
    325 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, but having some pictures of claimed Raptor purchase would help us know you're not really a Prius Raptor wannabe!

"updated" Thanks for the photos, so nice having another Raptor on the forum and not a Sentient Prius!

Last edited: