So my PCM apparently fried itself

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. Bone stock thankfully. It literally failed while it was at the dealership. They called to tell me the car would be ready in 15 minutes then 30 minutes later called back saying they can’t get the car started.

Why do people call these trucks cars?

tt_goat

Reaction score
Ya sorry if I came off not believing you wasn't my intent. Just find it weird I hope you get it so I can get on my dealers ass. :)

I would definitely get on their ass, every new production raptor has one in it, surely they can allocate one to keep a customer satisfied

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya sorry if I came off not believing you wasn't my intent. Just find it weird I hope you get it so I can get on my dealers ass. :)

No worries, I took it more like you think the dealer is being overly optimistic on the turn around time, which they might be.

Hopefully I'll have more details Monday. If it's going to take much longer then the middle of the week to get my "truck" back, I'm going to try and see if they can put me in a slightly better equipped F150 then what they currently have me driving. I don't expect to get it, but base model XLT with the 3.5 and 6 speed can barely get out of it's own way.

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Odd my 2018 has been undriveable since the 12th of Dec with a new PCM ordered that is under national backorder and you are getting a new one in a few days.. hmm
pcm%20backorder_zpstw5dvhzk.jpg

Well I got the same bad news today. Part is on back order

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I got the same bad news today. Part is on back order

Dam dude sorry to hear your is on backorder too was maybe hoping they said we can get one then i would be able to get one also and get my truck running :) Fingers crossed :)

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why do people call these trucks cars?

I'd bet it's their first truck. If all you've ever driven is cars, it's a hard habit to break.

Why do you call your motorized conveyance a truck?

Body on frame, separate cab and pickup box = pickup truck. Not a pickup car. You wanna call your El Camino or Ridgeline a car- sure, that's what they are. Ain't no unbolting the bed from those.

Sorry for the thread derail OP.

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Latest update from the dealer is PCM has an ETA of 1/15 though the service advisor seemed less than 100% convinced it would actually arrive that day.

The plus side is I did manage to swap the bare bones XLT RWD F150 dealer provided rental with a pretty nicely equipped 4wd Expedition. It’s no Raptor but it’s nice having the turbos back while the wait continues.