Snow Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Uh Ditto, i'm in Sacramento, so i'm down to do that run.

Also, did you but your Raptor from Dave?

Yep! And I love this thing. He kept it very clean. He enjoyed it though. 36,000 miles in 2-2.5 years :)
Bigg, awesome! How might one (me) get involved in a group/event like that? I'd love to join you at some point.

Haha, I came across it on a Jeep forum. Where I used to frequent because I have but soon to be sold 2012 grand Cherokee. I'm planning on keeping up with the offroading section because those guys know of a lot of great places to go. Not all are suited for our trucks but some are.

I had signed up with the plans of taking my Jeep but I ended up picking up the Raptor. This is a yearly event so we should definitely hit it up next year.

I'm pretty booked right now with family stuff plus I'm going to the Pismo meet on the 9th. If you guys are interested in a day run we could see if we could make it a day run. It's about 2 hours from Fairfield just outside Grass Valley.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
Welcome, Jeremiah. The "old" truck is looking mean with the new shoes. Glad you're having some fun with it.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Uh Ditto, i'm in Sacramento, so i'm down to do that run.

Also, did you but your Raptor from Dave?

Jeff, give me my damn walkie talkie back! LOL

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep! And I love this thing. He kept it very clean. He enjoyed it though. 36,000 miles in 2-2.5 years :)

Haha, I came across it on a Jeep forum. Where I used to frequent because I have but soon to be sold 2012 grand Cherokee. I'm planning on keeping up with the offroading section because those guys know of a lot of great places to go. Not all are suited for our trucks but some are.

I had signed up with the plans of taking my Jeep but I ended up picking up the Raptor. This is a yearly event so we should definitely hit it up next year.

I'm pretty booked right now with family stuff plus I'm going to the Pismo meet on the 9th. If you guys are interested in a day run we could see if we could make it a day run. It's about 2 hours from Fairfield just outside Grass Valley.

Hey, mine will be 2 years old in July and I just hit 25K miles, it's hard not to drive these trucks. I'm very down for a day run, especially where you just posted. Like i said, i'm in Sacramento, so thats an easy trip for me. Keep us posted on when you have time and lets plan a day trip.

Welcome, Jeremiah. The "old" truck is looking mean with the new shoes. Glad you're having some fun with it.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

LOL...I know, I haven't forgot you or it, I still have it in my center console! Text, me, lets hook up.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How fast were you guys going? From the video, there was quite a drop off to the right of the path. I can't imagine going off that cliff. You guys got some balls.

OP
OP
B

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love that song.
I found it watching MOTO4
Me too. I thought it fit the video well.

Thanks Dave! I just got back from Tahoe with the family. My dad drove my 05 up and I ended up driving it into town for a grocery run and the Raptor just blows it away. The raptor feels light on its feet and there's no comparison with the motor.
Hey, mine will be 2 years old in July and I just hit 25K miles, it's hard not to drive these trucks. I'm very down for a day run, especially where you just posted. Like i said, i'm in Sacramento, so thats an easy trip for me. Keep us posted on when you have time and lets plan a day trip.
Sounds good. Maybe in mid to late February. We'll hopefully get some fresh snow by then.

My only concern is the road maybe closed. I don't remember there being a gate though so we should be good. I'll check the footage from the first part of the run to see if I can see a gate.

How fast were you guys going? From the video, there was quite a drop off to the right of the path. I can't imagine going off that cliff. You guys got some balls.

Ya those parts were a little scary. Plus the raptor is so wide that it would kick me out of the ruts randomly. Although, we were going much slower than it looks in the video. I sped up the speed so the video wouldn't be 10 minutes long.

Last edited: