Side Swiped Rim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilkow

Reaction score
"A little old lady" in a Honda Accord nailed a rim on my Raptor. I got most of the plastic residue off the rim. But there is still a decent sized scratch. The detail guy at a nearby place that detail Ferraris and the like said Raptor rims are "ribbed" not painted. Does anyone have any advice on how I can repair the rim. I could post a pic.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A picture would help us. That way we can see the severity.

As for the "ribbed not painted," idk about that. I don't even know what he means by ribbed.

OP
OP
Wilkow

Wilkow

Reaction score
Here is a close up. I'm just pissed because I've only had the truck for 3 weeks.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 239

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 weeks, Damn, always seems to happen that way. I would start asking around for another guys takeoff. I have the old style, otherwise I'd give you one of mine.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, you are talking about the 2 scratches on that singe spoke, correct? I assume the other areas ( green ) are just water drops?

Attachments

• 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 80
OP
OP
Wilkow

Wilkow

Reaction score
Yes...yes I know it's minor. There are other spokes with minor scratches. The other stuff is water drops. I just want to know is there anything that I can do. I'm just annoyed becuase I've only had this truck for 3 weeks.

Just to clarify, you are talking about the 2 scratches on that singe spoke, correct? I assume the other areas ( green ) are just water drops?

Last edited:

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am by no means an authority on this, but my guess is that they are too deep to buff out. You will probably have to fill then in and polish them. It might take some time, but chances are you can find a new OEM wheel on ebay at some point for a couple hundred dollars.

It does suck for sure, my truck in only 4 weeks old, so I feel your pain.