Should I take a chance on this Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SVT_Mayo

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
light stripes! How much does the dealer want for the truck? I am surprised they did not clean up the dings and cracks...WTF

Want $33,500...Said they'd fix everything. I'll call them back tomorrow and say $31,000 with it fixed.

OP
OP
SVT_Mayo

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cracked taillight
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375404945.850092.jpg

led strip....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375404977.016263.jpg

under the tach is the crack. Sorry, bad picture I know.
9ujehuna.jpg

felt it was odd the marker lights had condensation inside of them, maybe the previous owner tried to replace the bulbs with led ones...
vu7uge4e.jpg

tire tread.
enaty8e3.jpg

Last edited:

DPick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Want $33,500...Said they'd fix everything. I'll call them back tomorrow and say $31,000 with it fixed.

Nah man. **** that. If you're going in the low 30s, I would def find a better one with less miles and wasn't previously trashed. Just my opinion. I looked for 2-3 months before finally buying mine last weekend. Another thing to keep in mind - if you find a great deal in another state, you can just have it delivered to your local dealer.

OP
OP
SVT_Mayo

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only found a few in the country that are low 30's under 70,000 miles lol. Wish it was easier said then done.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you like the truck go for it...

I would ask:

-to fix any and every cosmetic problem like you said...

-check the potential problem with the e-locker

-change every fluid in the truck, yes windshield wiper fluid as well.

-I would ask for an additional warranty...since they will be going over the truck in depth, and fixing in issues, the dealer should have no problem offering you an extended warranty for free or a deep discount. If not then ask them why?

-Ask for all previous owners records for any and all maint. on the truck. If they don't have it knock some more money of the price.

-Carfax should be given without even asking

-after they commit to all the above and you feel comfortable...than make your offer...

Good luck and this is just MHO!

Fred

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Silnus

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ive been eyeballing this one myself. Looks to be the best deal on Autotrader IMO.

OP
OP
SVT_Mayo

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is one in PA that I might end up in next week. Same as the one I looked at yesterday, just from a Ford dealer. I don't think I'm calling the dealer back from yesterday, they really didn't want to budge from $33,500. All they said to everything I said that was wrong is that "they'll fix it". After thinking about it, the previous owner probably didn't take care of it.

I don't care where the Raptor is really because for the right deal i'll go get it.

Last edited:

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much you looking to spend? I doubt dealers will budge on price for a used raptor, at least the A-hole's locally here won't.

DPick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much you looking to spend? I doubt dealers will budge on price for a used raptor, at least the A-hole's locally here won't.

That's the truth. It is really difficult to find a dealer who won't say some ******** like "Oh this is a premium, highly sought after truck. If you don't buy it for our ridiculous price, then screw off bc someone will."