Should I just give up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP, you may not be looking hard enough. I found two dealers in New England that were selling at MSRP and $1k under MSRP. I eventually went with MSRP dealer because he was able to reconfigure the build to my liking.

Call dealers on the east coast or MA in particular.

KEPSTANG

Reaction score
I live in Alabama and about half of the dealers are selling at sticker and the others are selling at 5k-10k over and sometimes more.

There were a few around last week that were not sold in Avalanche loaded out and another dealer had one on the way that was not sold.... may want to call a few dealers here if you don't mind dealing long distance.

I was given an awesome deal on my SCREW.

CROOKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called a dozen dealers over the weekend. Half were 5k over, half were msrp. I found one with the options I wanted and went and bought it.

chuckulls

Reaction score
Quirk Ford in Quincy Mass has 4 of them. They were seriously talking to me about 3K over. However the 2 white ones did not have the rear applique and that was a deal breaker for me. Apparently the tailgates are way different. I know some people have mentioned on here that people have put the applique on tailgates w/o the holes with double sided tape but I did not want to go that route.

New Ford F-150 For Sale | Quirk Ford

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Just a note about the state of Massachusetts, as per the salesmen, they don't issue temporary plates. So out of state buyers have to go there do the paperwork and return to there home state and register the truck and return to pick it up.

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford didn't limit production on the 2017 Raptor, and the orders for the 2018 start in two weeks on the 15th (or around then).
Lol. If they didnt limit production, why do dealers have an allotment?? What do you think the allotment is? Ford is only making so many and want all the dealers to get a certain amount. They did the same thing for years with the SHelby Cobras, Lightnings, Gen 1 raptors, etc. Do you hear of dealers having an allotment on say a regular F150? Or Fusions? Etc. If there wasnt a limited production people would likely be getting a lot more of these for msrp because the dealers would have dozens of them parked on their lots. Kind of like the regular F150, where all ford dealers have a plethora of them parked out front.

drew5363

Reaction score
OP, you may not be looking hard enough. I found two dealers in New England that were selling at MSRP and $1k under MSRP. I eventually went with MSRP dealer because he was able to reconfigure the build to my liking.

Call dealers on the east coast or MA in particular.

I am in CT and have only used Raptorfinder.com to try to find one at MSRP. mind sharing what dealers are selling them at MSRP in the area?

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not double sided tape

Quirk Ford in Quincy Mass has 4 of them. They were seriously talking to me about 3K over. However the 2 white ones did not have the rear applique and that was a deal breaker for me. Apparently the tailgates are way different. I know some people have mentioned on here that people have put the applique on tailgates w/o the holes with double sided tape but I did not want to go that route.

New Ford F-150 For Sale | Quirk Ford

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Just a note about the state of Massachusetts, as per the salesmen, they don't issue temporary plates. So out of state buyers have to go there do the paperwork and return to there home state and register the truck and return to pick it up.

i had the ford dealer epoxy mine on in their body shop, could not walk away from the truck cause the price was so good.

chuckulls

Reaction score
What did the whole job with the applique, epoxy and tape run you? Does it have a factory look to it and are you happy with it?

Mbling52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. If they didnt limit production, why do dealers have an allotment?? What do you think the allotment is? Ford is only making so many and want all the dealers to get a certain amount. They did the same thing for years with the SHelby Cobras, Lightnings, Gen 1 raptors, etc. Do you hear of dealers having an allotment on say a regular F150? Or Fusions? Etc. If there wasnt a limited production people would likely be getting a lot more of these for msrp because the dealers would have dozens of them parked on their lots. Kind of like the regular F150, where all ford dealers have a plethora of them parked out front.

Ford still has not limited the production to the gen2 raptor. Yes dealers have an allotment, but Ford has not set the max number for how many gen2 raptors will be produced