Shelby raptor troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

boomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right back at you, and hornets nest at Shelby officially kicked! :sparta:

guys DubbsFaris is THE MAN!
i was contacted by VP of Shelby today and informed that they should have my truck done by end of Feb. it means a lot that he helped me, and im very grateful.
Shelby is blessed to have someone like Dubbs looking out for them.
i am flying to San Diego on business this weekend. im going to rent a car and drive over to Shelby while im there and check the place out.
hopefully we will have good news soon and i can post some pics of it .
this one wont look like any other Shelby Raptor. Im a dealer for ADD and they worked with Shelby and me to use different bumpers and a one off roll bar i had on my last raptor. i went with the simple Shelby graphics and they may or may not stay on there, it depends on how it looks.
ive built some new door panels for it (it has 10" woofers in all 4 doors) and a custom stereo,wiith fiberglass rear sub enlcosure with 4 more 10's will go into it once i have it back home.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Boomer! If anyone here ever needs help with a Shelby matter, PM me and I promise I will do everything in my power to get it handled!

Getting a vehicle done at Shelby can be a real test in patience. Heck, waiting for a Raptor build from Ford isn't any better! I once had a boss tell me that answers make your customers rich with knowledge, and your business rich with customers. Truer words never spoken.

I've made some good friends here too though! Boomer, come to a raptor event and you will see real quick why you keep coming back! These folks know how to have fun!

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good stuff Dubbs!

Love seeing companies step up to the plate and come through for the customers. It sucks that it has to get to that point to get results. Nonetheless, it's great when the customer is taken care of.

I'm looking to get a Mustang in the future (NEVER thought I would ever be saying that) and Shelby is one of the companies that I have in mind for a build.

Good stuff!

mjyst3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I am so glad to hear things are working out. I to was looking to get shelby to do a mustang for me next year as a weekend toy. Not anymore!! I know they seem to be taking care of this issue but I don't think I can pull the trigger. Yes they have had a really good run as a after market company. But the free market is way to competitive to have to even think of possibly dealing with things like this.

I am not bashing shelby. I am so glad they are taking care of you. The money I have set aside for my first sports car is not going there for sure. The old saying goes, "Experience is the best teacher. As long as it is someone else's experience."

Good Luck brother with your new Raptor and your business. Go get PAID in 2014. We have to Stimulate the economy. :rocking:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow! Dubbs saves the day. I would hate to see a fellow member loose $13000.00 on a deposit or have to wait a year to get his truck back, heres hoping it all works out.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow! Dubbs saves the day. I would hate to see a fellow member loose $13000.00 on a deposit or have to wait a year to get his truck back, heres hoping it all works out.

It is good that someone was kind enough to make a call to bring the issue to the attention of the right people so that damage control could be minimized however, this begs an even bigger issue. Why would one want to pay a premium for a service that is priced accordingly from a company that treats customers as if they are privileged to business with THEM?? They have your money and your vehicle so in reality they hold all of the cards and there is not much you can do.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What would happen if the OP did not get in touch with you? He would be SOL. It still boggles me that a business such as Shelby could get away with this and still stay in business. The OP got lucky with this one. I am sure there are other customers out there that are NOT so lucky.

Thank you Boomer! If anyone here ever needs help with a Shelby matter, PM me and I promise I will do everything in my power to get it handled!

Getting a vehicle done at Shelby can be a real test in patience. Heck, waiting for a Raptor build from Ford isn't any better! I once had a boss tell me that answers make your customers rich with knowledge, and your business rich with customers. Truer words never spoken.

I've made some good friends here too though! Boomer, come to a raptor event and you will see real quick why you keep coming back! These folks know how to have fun!