SDHQ ABS Guards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow very very nice. Looks like these protect really well.

Nice writeup EK!

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I won a set of these at Raptorberfest and finally got a chance to install them this past weekend. The OPs pics show the installation really well.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally installed these. Thanks to the OP's detailed pictures it was an easy install that took less than 30 minutes...longest part being finding which four socket sizes I needed. No instructions were included so this thread was priceless. I also opted for the upgrade to grade 8 hardware and put a little blue loctite on the threads. Shouldn't have to worry about anything. The only thing I was unsure of was the exact angle of the rear guards.

D

Deleted member 12951

I ended up getting a set. Don't do what I did and upgrade the hardware for the $8 option. You can only use those on the rears, the fronts are smaller so I didn't even bother using them. They also no longer label them so posted a picture when you get yours of where they go. Still glad I got them.

EDIT: I would like to correct my previous statement concerning the hardware upgrade. There was 2 sizes provided. The two larger ones came out of the bag first and I didn't look close enough to see that the other two were actually smaller. So this upgrade is still a valid option. Sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_4865.jpg
    IMG_4865.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_4868.jpg
    IMG_4868.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 12951

Yes it is for the IWE. SDHQ actually calls them ABS & Vacuum guards. But in reality it should be just called Vacuum Guards.

Sent using Tapatalk

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These are sitting in the living room staring at me every time I walk by waiting to get installed, need some nice weather and some free time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DehydratedSurfer

Latest posts