SCAB - Rear Passenger Side Door Won't Open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a very similar problem on my old dodge with the same "suicide" style doors. In my case it was only the inner handle that would stop working altogether due to a cable. I also had to acquaint myself with a frequent fix. It gets really annoying. Sometimes I really hate plastic.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. I was trying to ask the same thing. Have any ideas to add a retaining feature?
Yeah, replace the handle.

Or worse, figure out why there's so much slop (aka extra cable) as to allow the ball to float out of the socket, and jiggle free. Ever work on bicycle brakes or derailleurs? Its like I need a collar somewhere in the system I can spin to take out the extra length and therefore the play.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Maybe in that white piece where the cable plugs into the handle? Keeping with the bicycle theme, I bet that cable stretched.

Gigemrick

Reaction score
That white ball is an actuator. Over time they can stretch to the point that the handle will not stretch it far enough to (unlock). Might be time for a new actuator. Just my.02. Good luck!

quicksinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like Ill be tearing my door apart tomorrow. thanks for the write up. save me the hassle of going to the stealership.