Sand or Baja mode for Silver Lake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Can you lock either front or rear or both without choosing one of the modes?
Yes, if you were in normal or sport and say switched to 4a, you could lock the diff - did it by mistake once. confirmed it when I got back home in the sand.

In theory, if you were in sport mode, 4h, t/c and s/c “disabled”, it would be close-ish to an old school truck, but the nannies are still there, waiting to save you from fun.

OP
OP
M

msu50000

Reaction score
So after today, in the deeper sand and powder dry conditions just cruising around, I liked plain ol 4h with all TC off... When I wanted to get after it a little, Baja is a couple of thumb taps away.

KOK JR

Reaction score
We have been to Silver Lake a few times. No way are we experts on the place or driving there. But the sand can be very different from one time to the next depending what the weather is like. For example if it's been raining the sand can get pretty hard and if it's dry very soft and deep in places. Once we got there right after a front came through. Wind was blowing a steady 35 mph with gusts to upper 40's. Not much fun that day. I need to add that we always go in October, in the middle of the week, not so crowded then. There a couple of outfitters at the entrance that have been helpful with advice on conditions. One of the prettiest places in Michigan IMO.