RPG's new Steering Tie Rods!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
RPG How much stronger are these arms/tie rod ends than the stock ones, or for that matter other non stock offerings that are out there? What differences do you notice in the steering after replacing the stock units?

Surfer, thanks for the question.

We are the only aftermarket manufacturer who is using 300M pins. We feature FK rod ends and with a Teflon liner. To the best of my knowledge everyone else who is producing them are using 4340 heat treated center pins. Don’t get me wrong 4340 is very strong. Figure 4340 heat treated is about double the strength of the stock units. But 300m is nearly double the strength of 4340. 300m is the same material Indy car axles are made from, aircraft landing gear and any application that requires the strongest material available.

We could have just drilled out the knuckle and used a larger 4340 center pin but we opted to work within the factory knuckle hole and use a better material. Another key feature is in the design (or shape of the pin itself) I can’t give this info away because we don't want others to copy it, but let’s just say certain shapes are stronger than others.

All of this equates to the strongest Steering Tie Rod on the market. The drive is a much more direct feel and the feedback through the wheel is night and day better than factory. The vast majority of the deflection that you feel in the wheel with simple day to day driving is virtually eliminated.

Thanks for the question

Jarrett

Last edited:

MiloX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be a really dumb question, but do these HD tie rods put additional stress on the factory parts necessitating more upgrades? I am new to this front end stuff.

Thanks!

surfer

Reaction score
Jarrett,

Do you have a picture of the rest of the fitting that attaches to the trucks steering as seen in your pictures?

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jarrett,

Do you have a picture of the rest of the fitting that attaches to the trucks steering as seen in your pictures?

Sure do, let me find it and post it up.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

This may be a really dumb question, but do these HD tie rods put additional stress on the factory parts necessitating more upgrades? I am new to this front end stuff.

Thanks!

MiloX,

These should not stress your OE parts requiring future upgrades. They are just strengthening that particular part in the mode of failure sequence. If anything, now you won't have to worry about ball joint knock and loose tie-rods creating more wear and tear on OE parts.

Hope this helps.