Svc uca and tie rods instal question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LambSVT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed svc uca and full tie rods on my gen1 and it squeaks when I turn 1-8 degrees . Is this normal with upgraded hardware? I also run king 3.0 finned shocks .
How do I stop the squeaking ? Or is this normal ? I added dry lube to areas and it stopped until it rained. Any help would be appreciated.

IDI-Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The squeaking is normal, lube em up regularly and it'll help keep it down as well as prolong their life. I did mine every oil change, though I had boots on the rod ends to help keep the water out.

OP
OP
LambSVT

LambSVT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The squeaking is normal, lube em up regularly and it'll help keep it down as well as prolong their life. I did mine every oil change, though I had boots on the rod ends to help keep the water out.
What kind of boots did you run as these oem ones where too small to fit the svc rods.

IDI-Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of boots did you run as these oem ones where too small to fit the svc rods.
Tie rod boots I ran the OEMs, you have to cut them back a bit to fit. I used worm clamps to hold them to the rack/tie rod.

For the rod ends, I used the boots for the respective size from Kartek: https://www.kartek.com/parts-categories/rod-end-boots.html

When installing you have to be careful not to rip them, recommend ordering a couple extra if you're going to put them on. Then when it's time you can wipe it off, pull the lip back a bit, and squirt the lube in. When I pulled my front end apart after about two or three seasons, everything still felt like it should with minimal wear play (save the one uniball I managed to crush the PTFE liner in with a bottom out).

OP
OP
LambSVT

LambSVT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tie rod boots I ran the OEMs, you have to cut them back a bit to fit. I used worm clamps to hold them to the rack/tie rod.

For the rod ends, I used the boots for the respective size from Kartek: https://www.kartek.com/parts-categories/rod-end-boots.html

When installing you have to be careful not to rip them, recommend ordering a couple extra if you're going to put them on. Then when it's time you can wipe it off, pull the lip back a bit, and squirt the lube in. When I pulled my front end apart after about two or three seasons, everything still felt like it should with minimal wear play (save the one uniball I managed to crush the PTFE liner in with a bottom out).
Thank you for the link that is much appreciated!