Gen 2 Need to Know - SVC UCA, Tie Rods, and FRS 3.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dleclerc27

Reaction score
I would leave the 3.0's alone, don't put those shit springs on there... I wouldn't change the tie rods either, no point unless you have to for some reason? Do you have the right size socket for the front shock bolts? They are 31 or 32mm i think? They are highly torqued, 406ft lbs I think? Be very careful not to ****** the speed/ABS wires. Just take your time, it isn't a hard job.
I will second the torque specs for LCA, it's ridiculous. I think it's a 30mm bolt, but somewhere right around there. I would also grab a second breaker bar, I have broken one before.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use a MAP gas torch to melt the loctite for the lower shock bolt. Hit it with the fire for about 30-40 seconds, will make it much easier to remove. Make sure you don't melt the CV boot though. Reinstall with copious red loctite, and make sure it is torqued to 450ftlbs. You'll need a 3/4" drive torque wrench.