rotor warping and pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
30,000 miles and mine seem warped a bit. Anyone else? If i machine them is there a better pad to use?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I warped my fronts once, no biggee. I wouldn't upgrade the pads until you upgrade your rotors.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not necessarily i think. the rotors got warped because of heat. crossed and slotted rotors with new pads will keep the heat down.

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 32k on mine and noticed the fronts are a little warped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Mine warped at 20k. But seemed to happen when running hot and then hitting water/mud when off-roading. Taking it in next week to see if they can be turned to get the warp out.

LvRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
34.000 on mine and I'm starting to feel them warped. Is it worth machining down and getting new pads or just get new rotors and pads?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
34.000 on mine and I'm starting to feel them warped. Is it worth machining down and getting new pads or just get new rotors and pads?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I got 70,000 miles out of my rotors and pads before I upgraded, had the fronts turned once, never even replaced the pads at that time.

RV67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turning the rotors obviously removes metal to get them true.I believe this will increase the probability that the rotors will warp again and easier due to being thinner. Unless you avoid panic stops and/or high speed braking.

Im at 42k miles and mine are warped and this is noticable coming off the highway so Im am going to an upgrade in rotors and pads.

Aussiesvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat.

Will be ordering new cross drilled slotted next week and ceramics.

I ran ceramics on my old bus back home and mad a world of difference stopping a 3 1/2 ton truck on big rubber.

Anything really to pull the big girls up when going a little too hot

spot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got 38k on mine. Noticed over the weekend that there is a little shimmy under hard braking. I run em until i need pads and upgrade then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk