Road trip from Hampton, VA to Orlando, FL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Road trip from Hampton, VA to Orlando, FL, Complete

Going up and down 95 with a detour to mrytle beach. Is there any venderors or other good places to for truck stuff.

This will also be the first road trip in the Raptor. Hopefully my bakflip will get here before we leave. Ordered 2 mondays ago, and fedex. Says the 28th, and also say they have recived shiping info and that is it. wich means a low light install after 10 hour work day.

Last edited:

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Windermere (Orlando). Don't waste your time with 4Wheel Parts Wholesalers. If you wanna see some cool cars and trucks, go to Ultimate Auto. I know the owner and employees very well. If you'd like me meet you there, let me know.

OP
OP
E

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great Trip so far we are in Orbit One Villas in Kissimmee. I did some expermienting with GAS and speeds If I run 63 no wind no ac on 93 I pulled 16.5 mpg. on 87 wind and 65 70 with ac getting 15.4. My first stop today will be at SCT to see what they can do about this miss match truck error that everyone is getting after the first tune. I'm also running on the 87 tune. Tommorw is seaworld. one afternoon will be spent at the Grey hound races. I love greyhounds and have two IG's. Going to find a yamaha dealership or two, I need a replament bike as i just sold my r1 and r6 bike in the past month. Maybe find a beach or so to take the truck to and get some pic's.

Truck now has about 2800 miles on it. I have been driving it a lot. Its just so much fun the ride is smooth my ass didn't get sore and I really never got unconftorable at all so I'm very happy. I allmost did fall out of it once when we stop Legs wheren't quite there and its a bit of a hop when standing on the runnning boards.

I think i may acutally put some sort of rear seat system in the truck so the kids or travlers can be entertained while driving will see. I have a list of 19 mods I want to do to the truck and. I have done one so far, My bakflip VP came just in time Friday before we left and my wife installed it. She did a great job as I was at work she only ask the neighbor to help her lift it up into position.

So we are here and enjoying some warm weather and I still can't sleep past 6 Dam 30.

OP
OP
E

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so with 93 oct and 93 tune from SCT, no more problems tuning. on the way home running 72 stop -n- go threw Georgia over all trip on the way home 15.5 mpg. Keep an Eye on SCT website for an update to our 3015 tuners for the miss match truck issue.

The truck was very comfortable the cooled seats, help me keep comfortable the whole trip. This is by far the most favorite best feature in the truck. No matter what I do in every other car or truck I get a sweaty back on hot bright days.

Now time to stop driving the truck for a bit. 4500 miles I haven’t' made the 2nd payment.