Rigid or Vision-X fog light kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm ready to purchase LED lights for the fog light opening in my Raptor and have narrowed my choice to the Rigid Dually fog light kit and the Vision-X Optimus fog light kit. I'm looking for the most bang for my buck and I'd like to get some feedback from the very knowledgable people on this forum. I'm going to run a 20 degree beam and 60 degree flood on the kit. I don't do much extreme off-roading but I regularly drive some moderately challenging trails on a friend's property. I've learned a lot of good things on FRF about the Rigid lights, as well as the moisture problem. I searched the forum but didn't find as much about the Vision-X lights but I like that I can get a dimmer switch that would make them legal for driving on the street. Does anyone here have any experience with the Vision-X Optimus lights and it's quality? Thanks in advance for your help.

By the way, I'm also going to be getting Rigid SR-Q flush mount back-up light kit. Any feedback on those or other alternative flush-mount lights for the rear would be great too.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am personally going to be going with the Rigid Dually D2s. I've heard nothing but good things and from what I've seen create some great visibility.

OP
OP
goinsvt

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going with D2 as well up until a couple weeks ago. I concluded though that the Dually or Optimus will meet my needs and be a better value for me. Told my wife I would buy responsibly. :emotions33:

Last edited:

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I put the VisionX Xmitter lights in my bumper and bought their dimmer switch to drive on the street with them. There are two switches - one's a push button and the other is a dial you can set. I'd recommend the dial switch as I have had quite a few people high-beam me lately even when it's set on 50% power.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VisionX. Those with the Rigid one's, ask how many had water inside of them from rain. There is absolutely no reason why someone should have to take the Rigid lights apart and bead it with silicon because Rigid was too cheap to put a rubber gasket in it. Because of this issue I have never installed my D2's. Probably going to toss them on the side by side because it won't matter on that.

OP
OP
goinsvt

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vision X advertises that the Optimus lights can be submerged in up to 10 ft of water. It doesn't sound like their worried about moisture getting in. The only problem i can find with them is that they are not available in amber. I wanted amber on the 60 degree flood/wide beam.